Galleria Shopping Centre
|Location||1245 Dupont Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Owner||Marca Development Corporation|
|No. of stores and services||+40 (including kiosks)|
|No. of anchor tenants||3|
|Total retail floor area||21,124 m2 (227,380 sq ft)|
|No. of floors||1|
The Galleria Shopping Centre (also known as Galleria Mall) is a shopping centre located at Dufferin and Dupont streets in Toronto, Canada. The shopping centre is a single storey, enclosed (one of only three enclosed Shopping Centres in the Old City of Toronto), and has approx. 50 tenants. It was opened in 1972 and has an area of 21,124 m2 (227,380 sq ft).
The shopping centre's largest tenant is a FreshCo supermarket (formerly Price Chopper), with the remainder a mix of various retail stores and services. The stand alone McDonald's immediately adjacent to the street corner is actually an outparcel tenant of the centre. Planet Fitness has announced it will open a 20,000 sf gym and fitness centre at the mall in December 2014.
There have been significant openings, refurbishments, and expansions at the centre in subsequent years. The fitness announcement is listed as part of a redevelopment that includes the doubling of the Pet Valu location. The Planet Fitness will be the first of its kind in Canada.
Location and site
The shopping centre is located on Dufferin Street, a major Toronto north/south artery and Dupont Street halfway way between the Annex neighbourhood and the Junction in the Wallace Emerson neighbourhood of west-central Toronto. The shopping Centre sits on about 12 acres of land. Areas to the east and west are dense residential with high rise residential. The mall has served as an important community hub.
- "Toronto Staff Report" (PDF). City of Toronto. May 25, 2004. Retrieved December 21, 2013.
- "Galleria Shopping Centre". Galleria Shopping Centre. Retrieved December 21, 2013.
- Jermyn, Diane (October 31, 2014). "Popular U.S. fitness franchise brings ‘judgment-free’ ethos to Canada". The Globe and Mail.
- McKay, David (April 2, 2007). "Redeveloping Greyfields in the Greater Toronto Area" (PDF). University of Toronto. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- McConvey, Joel (September 12, 2012). "Amigos on Dupont". The Grid. Retrieved December 21, 2013.