Galleria at Sunset
Galleria at Sunset
|Location||Henderson, Nevada, 89014, USA|
|Address||1300 W. Sunset Road|
|Opening date||February 28, 1996|
Forest City Enterprises|
|Management||Queensland Investment Corporation|
|Owner||Queensland Investment Corporation|
|No. of stores and services||133|
|No. of anchor tenants||5 (Macy's, Dillard's, Dick's Sporting Goods, Kohl's, JCPenney)|
|Total retail floor area||Approx. 1,048,000 square feet (97,400 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
Galleria at Sunset (informally referred to as Galleria Mall) is the only enclosed indoor shopping mall in Henderson, Nevada and one of the largest malls in the entire state of Nevada. It is located at 1300 West Sunset Road.
The layout is a two-story "Y" shape and includes a total of 1,051,000 ft² of space. The decor is Southwestern and architectural elements, such as indoor fountains, have gained praise; Frommer's describes it as the "most aesthetically pleasing" of the Las Vegas Valley's malls.
Galleria opened on February 28, 1996. The mall's developer, Forest City Enterprises, announced that it opened the mall with 85% of space leased, which was the highest it had ever achieved in any mall it had developed.
In April 2013, it was announced that Galleria at Sunset would receive its first full-scale renovation since its opening in 1996. The $7-million renovation project includes upgrades to the mall's food court and main spaces, as well as adding extra amenities including free wi-fi throughout the mall. The mall is being rebranded and will be restyled as a sophisticated desert oasis, aiming to attract more upscale merchants and buyers. It has been confirmed that H&M and upscale Boutique Talulah will join the newly renovated mall when the project is complete in Fall 2013.
- "Galleria at Sunset Extends Hours" (Press release). 2007-01-23. Archived from the original on 2007-05-30. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- "Shopping & Services in Las Vegas". Archived from the original on 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- "Galleria at Sunset; Henderson, Nevada". Archived from the original on 2007-10-27. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- "The Galleria at Sunset". The New York Times. Retrieved 2007-10-29.[permanent dead link]
- "Experts predict next retail hot spot". View News. 2006-03-14. Archived from the original on 2006-10-22. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- "Forest City Enterprises Inc. reports record year" (Press release). Business Wire. 1996-03-14. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- "Galleria at Sunset to add retailers". View News. 2002-10-11. Archived from the original on 2004-11-23. Retrieved 2007-10-29.