|Comune di Galliate|
View of Galliate with the castle.
|• Mayor||Davide Ferrari|
|• Total||29.5 km2 (11.4 sq mi)|
|Elevation||54 m (177 ft)|
|• Density||530/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Galliate is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Novara in the Italian region Piedmont, located about 90 kilometres (56 mi) northeast of Turin, about 40 kilometres (25 mi) northwest Milan and about 7 kilometres (4 mi) northeast of Novara.
Galliate borders the following municipalities: Cameri, Novara, Romentino, and Turbigo. It is home to a late-15th-century castle built under the Sforza family of Milan, and to the 16th-century sanctuary of Varallino, designed by Pellegrino Tibaldi.
The commune's territory is included in the Ticino River Natural Park.
- Achille Varzi (1904–1948), Grand Prix motor racing champion.
- Massimo Maccarone (born 1979), Italian international footballer.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
|This article on a location in the Province of Novara is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|