|Full name||Galwegian Rugby Football Club|
|Nickname(s)||Wegians, Sky Blues|
|Ground(s)||Crowley Park, Galway (Capacity: 2000)|
|League(s)||All-Ireland League, Division 1A|
Galwegians field over 16 teams including Senior, Junior (Seconds), Thirds, Fourths and Women's XV, and underage sides at all levels from U20 to U7.
The Connacht Rugby squad features a number of players who played for Galwegians. The Connacht Women's representative side is constituted predominantly from Galwegians.
Founded in 1922, Galwegians has a long and distinguished history at the forefront of Connacht Rugby.
Jimmy Joyce was the club's first international in wartime 1943. The tradition continued into the 1950s with Dicky Roche, Brendan Guerin, Charlie Lydon, Tony O’Sullivan and Johnny Dooley each gaining caps. More recently, Eric Elwood, Gavin Duffy and John Muldoon have played regularly for Ireland.
The golden age of Galwegians rugby was the five-in-a-row Connacht League and Cup double in 1955-1960, an unprecedented feat in Irish rugby, when Wegians were arguably the best team in the country, regularly beating the other senior clubs in Ireland.
Since 2000 Galwegians have 7 Connacht Senior Cup and 8 Connacht Senior League titles including Cup and League doubles in the 2000-01, 2001–02 then three in a row in the 2011–12, 2012–13 and 2013–14 seasons.
Galwegians Junior team broke a 34 year wait for Connacht Cup glory by beating Monivea in the final to become Heineken Connacht Junior Cup Champions in 2008, and repeated that feat in 2012 and 2014.
Last Updated: 28-07-2014
(Player capped while playing with Galwegians RFC)
- 1944 - Jimmy Joyce
- 1955 - Dick Roche
- 1956 - Brendan Guerin
- 1956 - Charlie Lydon
- 1957 - Tony O’Sullivan
- 1959 - Johnny Dooley
- 1997 - Eric Elwood
- 1998 - Pat Duignan
- 1999 - Matt Mostyn
- 2007 - Gavin Duffy
- 2009 - John Muldoon
- 2012 - Ronan Loughney 
- 1997 - Stephanie Dowling Folan
- 1998 - Sue Ramsbottom
- 2003 - Nuala Ni Chadhain
- 2008 - Carol Staunton
- 2012 - Ruth O'Reilly
Several Galwegians players, including Eric Elwood have represented the famous Barbarians, the most recent to play while in Galwegians colours were Jimmy Duffy and Willie Ruane who played against the Combined Service (British) at Burnaby Road, Portsmouth on 10/11/1998 in a game won 51-20 by the Baa-Baa's.
Galwegians surely hold the distinction of having provided more IRFU Presidents than any other club. The incumbents have been:
- 1945-46 - Henry Anderson - L.D.S.I.,
- 1958-59 - Johnny Glynn
- 1968-69 - Chris P Crowley
- 1981-82 - John Moore - B.Sc.
- 1996-97 - Bobby Deacy - F.C.A.
- 2002-03 - Don Crowley - B.E.,Eur. Ing., C.Eng., M.I.E.I.
- 2012-13 - William B. (Billy) Glynn 
- Loughney set for Ireland debut - http://www.connachtrugby.ie/2012060782862/loughney-set-for-ireland-debut
- Bobby Deacy RIP - http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/15434.php
- IRFU President 2002-03 - Don Crowley - http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/11898.php
- Billy Glynn Elected President Of The Irish Rugby Football Union - http://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland/26846.php
- Official website
- Official Facebook page
- Official Twitter page
- Connacht Rugby - branch clubs directory