Pandit Ganapati Bhat, popularly known as Ganapati Bhat Hasanagi, is an Indian Hindustani classical vocalist. He belongs to Kirana Gharana-Gwalior Gharana. Currently, He is a resident Guru at prestigious Dr. Gangubai Hangal Gurukul Trust in Hubli. He was born and brought up in Hasanagi, a small village in the state of Karnataka in India.
Art and Career
Pandit Ganapati Bhat became interested in Hindustani classical music at a young age. He is a disciple of Basavaraj Rajguru, the maestro from Dharwad whose gayaki (singing style) is based on the Kirana, the Gwalior and the Patiala gharanas.
Pandit Ganapati Bhat has performed in all the major Hindustani classical forums in India and abroad. His concerts in many cities - Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York, San Francisco, Washington etc. - have earned him fans overseas.
Awards and Recognition
- Puttaraj Gawai award in 2015
- Sawai Gandharva Puraskar in 2016
- Nijaguna Purandara award 2017
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- M. Madan Mohan (2005-04-08). "Entertainment Bangalore: Native notes". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- Prince Rama Varma (2007-02-21). "Pandit Ganapathi Bhatt of Hasanagi, Hindustani Vocalist". webindia123.com. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- "Label with a cause". The Music Magazine (e-zine). 2001-07-26. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- "Puttaraj Gawai Award for Pandit Ganapati Bhat Hasanagi". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 2015-03-04. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- "Sawai Gandharva Puraskar for Ganapati Bhat Hasanagi". The Hindu. Special Correspondent, Special Correspondent. 2016-09-26. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- "Hampa Nagarajaiah bags prestigious Pampa award - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-01-26.