|Elevation||154 ft (47 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1336419|
Garwood is an unincorporated community in Colorado County, Texas, United States. It is located on State Highway 71 at virtually the geographic midpoint between Columbus, Texas and El Campo, Texas. Nearly 1,000 people lived in Garwood in 2000.
Garwood is situated at the junction of State Highway 71 and FM 950 in southern Colorado County, approximately 13 miles (21 km) southwest of Eagle Lake and 20 miles (32 km) south of Columbus. According to the Handbook of Texas, the community had an estimated population of 975 in 2000. Garwood has a post office with the ZIP code 77442.
Public education in the community of Garwood is provided by the Rice Consolidated Independent School District. Zoned campuses include Garwood School (grades K-6; located in Garwood), Rice Junior High School (grades 7-8), and Rice High School (grades 9-12).
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Garwood has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Garwood, Texas
- "Garwood, Texas". Texas Escapes Online Magazine. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- "Garwood, Texas". The Handbook of Texas online. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- USPS – Cities by ZIP Code
- Texas Education Code Sec. 130.211. WHARTON COUNTY JUNIOR COLLEGE DISTRICT SERVICE AREA.
- Climate Summary for Garwood, Texas