Gary the Goat
Gary the Goat outside the Wagga Wagga Court House
16 November 2017|
|Known for||Video and live appearances|
Gary the Goat and Jimbo Bazoobi were an Australian comedy duo who performed in Australian towns, becoming very popular. They began their comedy career in 2011, mostly through Facebook and YouTube, with their Facebook page having over 1.7 million "likes".
Jimbo (born James Dezarnaulds) was originally a children's party clown through the 1990s, and then moved to stand-up comedy, and has performed at over 435 venues in Australia alone since 2004, as well as many other international venues. many of them with Gary, whom he called his "best mate".
Controversy and health
Gary the Goat and Jimbo often pushed boundaries as to where the goat was taken and where it was permitted, and had been in trouble with councils and even the police, including a threat by a local council to have him impounded at Castle Hill's Goat Track. In 2013 Gary was taken to court by New South Wales police after eating vegetation outside Sydney's Museum for Contemporary Art, though the AU$440 fine was dismissed by the judge.
On 16 May 2015 Gary the Goat's YouTube channel was "indefinitely" suspended, though it was reinstated a few days later.
In August 2016, it was discovered that Gary the Goat had terminal arthritis in his legs. Gary subsequently retired from performing with Jimbo at comedy shows in pubs. Gary was put on painkillers in hopes that he would respond to holistic treatment in order to forgo the amputation of his right toe. Gary's toe was successfully amputated in November.
On 16 November 2017, Jimbo announced that Gary the Goat had to be euthanised, after being diagnosed with bleeding from an acute heart tumor. The body of Gary the Goat is currently being taxidermied.
- "Gary The Goat". Facebook. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "GoatPro! Videos of Gary the Goat turn him into an internet sensation". Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Gary The Goat | Official Web Site". www.garythegoat.tv. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Jimbo - Jimbo. Nomad. Comedian". www.jimbo.com.au. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "This little billy goat's gruff with council". Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Gary the goat has his day in court ... and wins". Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Gary the Goat walks free from Sydney court - BBC News". BBC News. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au". www.dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Gary The Goat Passes Away". Facebook. 16 November 2017. Archived from the original on 17 November 2017. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- Jaques, Matt; Lawson, Christopher; Williams, Patrick (17 November 2017). "Goat with 1.7m Facebook fans dies on comedy tour". ABC News. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- "Australia mourns Gary the Goat after unexpected death". NewsComAu. 17 November 2017. Retrieved 17 November 2017.