Gastonia Municipal Airport
|Gastonia Municipal Airport|
|Owner||City of Gastonia|
|Serves||Gastonia, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||798 ft / 243 m|
Gastonia Municipal Airport (ICAO: KAKH, FAA LID: AKH) is a city owned, public use airport located four nautical miles (5 mi, 7 km) south of the central business district of Gastonia, a city in Gaston County, North Carolina, United States. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
This airport is assigned a three-letter location identifier of AKH by the Federal Aviation Administration, but it does not have an International Air Transport Association (IATA) airport code (the IATA assigned AKH to Prince Sultan Air Base in Al Kharj, Saudi Arabia).
Facilities and aircraft
Gastonia Municipal Airport covers an area of 280 acres (113 ha) at an elevation of 798 feet (243 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 3/21 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,770 by 100 feet (1,149 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending June 26, 2009, the airport had 50,040 aircraft operations, an average of 137 per day: 97.9% general aviation, 2% air taxi, and <1% military. At that time there were 36 aircraft based at this airport: 78% single-engine, 19% multi-engine, and 3% jet.
- FAA Airport Master Record for AKH ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on September 27, 2012. National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems.
- "Airline and Airport Code Search". International Air Transport Association (IATA). Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- "Gastonia Municipal Airport (IATA: none, ICAO: KAKH, FAA: AKH)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- "Prince Sultan AB, Al Kharj, Saudi Arabia (IATA: AKH, ICAO: OEPS)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- Gastonia Municipal Airport, official page
- "Gastonia Municipal Airport – AKH" (PDF). at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- Aerial image as of March 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for AKH, effective May 24, 2018
- Resources for this airport: