|Born||1983/1984 (age 34–35)|
|Occupation||supermodel, advocate, organizational founder|
|Years active||2002 to present|
Geena Rocero (born 1983 or 1984) is a Filipino American supermodel, TED speaker, and transgender advocate based in New York City. Rocero is the founder of Gender Proud, an advocacy and aid organization that stands up for the right of transgender people worldwide to "self-identify with the fewest possible barriers". She is transgender.
Rocero was discovered by a fashion photographer in a restaurant on the Lower East Side of Manhattan when she was 21 years old. She was then signed to NEXT Model Management and spent 12 years modeling for international swimsuit and beauty editorials, earning herself a large fan base.
In 2014, Rocero was featured on the fifth anniversary cover of C☆NDY magazine along with 13 other transgender women: Janet Mock, Carmen Carrera, Laverne Cox, Isis King, Gisele Alicea, Leyna Ramous, Dina Marie, Nina Poon, Juliana Huxtable, Niki M’nray, Pêche Di, Carmen Xtravaganza and Yasmine Petty.
Adding to her résumé in 2015, Rocero became Executive Producer of “Beautiful As I Want To Be,” a digital series for Logo focused on transgender youth. The show spotlights young trans people, and pairs them with a coach or mentor in the trans community. In the first episode, Zeam, a young trans man and artist, is paired with Caitlyn Jenner. Jenner in the episode mentions Rocero as "the first trans person I ever met". Rocero has also been featured on Jenner's show I Am Cait. 
In 2014, Rocero launched Gender Proud, "an advocacy & awareness campaign that aims to advance the rights of all transgender individuals". On March 31, 2014, in honor of International Transgender Day of Visibility, Rocero came out as transgender while giving a TED talk in New York City. On September 19, 2014, excerpts of Rocero's TED talk were featured on NPR's TED Radio Hour podcast.
- LGBT culture in New York City
- List of LGBT rights activists
- Filipinos in the New York City metropolitan region
- Davis, Allison P. (April 3, 2014). "Transgender Model Geena Rocero on Her TED Talk". New York. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
- "Supermodel Geena Rocero's Powerful New Show Beautifully Spotlights Trans Youth". MTV News. Retrieved 2015-10-29.
- Megan Friedman (November 23, 2015). "Transgender Model Geena Rocero Wants to Be on the Cover of 'Sports Illustrated'". Elle. Retrieved April 29, 2016.
- Rocero, Geena (March 31, 2014). "Model: Why I came out as transgender". CNN. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
- "Gender Proud envisions a world"
- "TED Speaker Geena Rocero Model and activist". TED. Retrieved August 6, 2015.
- "Geena Rocero, Transgender Model And Advocate, Recalls Being Detained Because Of Conflicting ID". The Huffington Post. April 1, 2014. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
- "Transgender Model Geena Rocero Gives Inspiring TED Talk About Coming Out"
- "Laverne Cox, Carmen Carrera, Among 14 Trans Stars On "Candy" Magazine Cover". NewNowNext.
- "Beautiful As I Want To Be: Caitlyn Jenner Mentors Zeam | Beautiful As I Want To Be | LOGOTV". LOGOTV. Retrieved 2015-10-29.
- "Caitlyn Sits Down With Trans Activist Geena Rocero on I Am Cait". E! Online. Retrieved 2015-10-29.
- 5:52 p.m. (2016-09-15). "Tracey Africa and Geena Rocero Cover Harper's Bazaar". Nymag.com. Retrieved 2016-09-21.
- "Geena Rocero’s TED talks"
- "How Do You Reveal A Life-Changing Transformation?"