Sambell was educated at Melbourne High School and the University of Melbourne. He was ordained in 1940. He began his ordained ministry as an army chaplain, after which he was director of the Melbourne Diocesan Centre and Archdeacon of Essendon. He was Bishop Coadjutor of Diocese from 1962 to 1969 when he was elected Archbishop of Perth and Metropolitan of Western Australia, posts he held to his death.
- The Times, 27 December 1980; pg. 14; Issue 60808; col F Obituary The Most Rev G. T. Sambell
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 1975-76 London: Oxford University Press, 1976 ISBN 0-19-200008-X
- Victoria Government Gazette
- “Who was Who” 1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- Perth Anglican Archived 2007-08-31 at the Wayback Machine.
- Centre for WA history
|Anglican Communion titles|
|Archbishops of Perth
|This article about an Anglican bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Western Australia article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|