George Paul Blagden
28 December 1989
London, United Kingdom
|Alma mater||Guildhall School of Music and Drama (2011)|
George Paul Blagden (born 28 December 1989) is an English stage and film actor. He is best known for his role as Louis XIV in the French-produced television series drama Versailles. He also played Grantaire in the 2012 film adaptation of Les Misérables and Athelstan in the television series Vikings.
Early life and education
Blagden began singing at age 13, performing in various choirs and his own rock band. After studying at Old Buckenham Hall School, he was accepted into Oundle School with a Drama scholarship and appeared in the school's Stahl Theatre in such roles as The Baker in Into the Woods and Marc in 'Art'. Also while at Oundle, Blagden became a member of the National Youth Theatre and was selected as one of four students to participate in a masterclass with Sir Ian McKellen. Following his graduation, he studied Acting at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, from which he graduated in 2011. He has a younger sister, Katie, who is a writer and filmmaker.
In 2011, Blagden received his first acting role as Andy in the feature film After the Dark, which was released in 2014. He has since appeared in Wrath of the Titans, Les Misérables, and Vikings. Blagden's latest appearance on screen is in the drama series Versailles, as the lead character Louis XIV.
|2012||National Board of Review of Motion Pictures||Best Acting by an Ensemble||Les Misérables||Won|
|San Diego Film Critics Society||Best Ensemble Performance||Nominated|
|Satellite Awards||Best Ensemble, Motion Picture||Won|
|Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association||Best Acting Ensemble|
|2013||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture||Nominated|
|2015||Blight (Short)||Fr Carey||Winner Best Actor - FilmQuest International Film Festival 2016|
|2014||Blood Moon||Jake Norman|
|2014||Holding on for a Good Time (Short)||Fellini|
|2014||The Tap Tap Lady (Short)||Hugh|
|2013||After the Dark||Andy|
|2012||Wrath of the Titans||Soldier No. 1|
|2012||Les Misérables||Grantaire||National Board of Review Award for Best Cast|
Satellite Award for Best Cast – Motion Picture
Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Award for Best Ensemble
Nominated—Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Acting Ensemble
Nominated—Phoenix Film Critics Society Award for Best Cast
Nominated—San Diego Film Critics Society Award for Best Performance by an Ensemble
Nominated—Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
|2020||The Land of Dreams||Armie||Post-production|
|2015–2018||Versailles||Louis XIV||Leading role|
|2017||Black Mirror||Lenny||Episode: "Hang the DJ"|
|2016-2017||Platinum||Simon||Leading role||Hampstead Theatre, London|
|2017||The Pitchfork Disney||Presley Stray||Leading role||Shoreditch Town Hall, London|
|2018||Tartuffe||Damis||Main Cast||Theatre Royal Haymarket, London|
|2018||Company||PJ||Main Cast||Gielgud Theatre|
- "About". George Blagden. Archived from the original on 17 January 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "George Blagden pictures, bio, movies". Pop Tower. Archived from the original on 26 October 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "George Blagden Signs on to Play Grantaire in LES MISERABLES Film". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 21 January 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "News Trinity 2008: Sir Ian Kellen Masterclass". Oundle School. Archived from the original on 11 October 2008. Retrieved 21 January 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "George Blagden". Guildhall School of Music and Drama. Archived from the original on 12 July 2012. Retrieved 14 January 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Vikings' Actor George Blagden to Play Louis XIV in 'Versailles". 'Variety'. Retrieved 25 August 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "CompanElliott and Producer Chris Harper". Elliott & Harper Productions. Retrieved 29 April 2020.
- Scarpa, Vittoria (31 October 2019). "Shooting is under way on the musical The Land of Dreams". Cineuropa. Retrieved 29 April 2020.
- "Laura Pitt-Pulford on Instagram: "A year ago today I married you @gblagden . It truly was the best day of my life! I still thank the stars every night that we found each…"". Instagram. Retrieved 11 February 2021.
- "Laura Pitt-Pulford on Instagram: "So, for the last 9 months I have been pretty busy growing this little fella, who finally made his appearance a week ago. Being pregnant and…"". Instagram. Retrieved 11 February 2021.
- "George Blagden's Cycling Adventure". JustGiving. Retrieved 23 March 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "The Land of Dreams". iMDB. Retrieved 29 April 2020.