Georgi Hristov (footballer, born 1985)
Hristov with Tampa Bay Rowdies in 2017
|Full name||Georgi Georgiev Hristov|
|Date of birth||10 January 1985|
|Place of birth||Plovdiv, Bulgaria|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2010||→ Wisła Kraków (loan)||3||(0)|
|2013–2018||Tampa Bay Rowdies||164||(56)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:26, 15 October 2018 (UTC)|
Hristov grew up as part of Maritsa Plovdiv's academy and made his debut for senior team in 2002/2003 season. He played for Maritsa until 2007. During the 2005/2006 season he became top scorer of B PFG, scoring 18 goals. In the same season he was chosen the best footballer of B PFG East group by other players.
He signed a contract with Botev during summer of 2007. In his first season in A PFG he became a topscorer, scoring 19 goals and was chosen the best footballer of the season by other players. Hristov became a free-agent on 4 July 2008.
Hristov started training with Levski Sofia on 23 June 2008. Later, he signed his contract with 'the Blues'. He scored a hat-trick against his ex-team Botev, in one of his first matches for Levski. On 13 August 2008, Hristov earned a penalty for Levski Sofia in the first leg of a decisive Champions League match against BATE Borisov, but it was not converted and the "bluemen" subsequently lost the match by a score of 0:1. On 26 April 2009 Hristov scored four goals against PFC Belasitsa Petrich. He scored in 56th, 63rd, 65th and 86th minute. The result of the match was 1:7 with a guest win for Levski Sofia. On 9 May 2009 Hristov scored the first goal for Levski Sofia in The Eternal Derby against CSKA. The result of the match was 0:2 with a guest win for Levski. He became a Champion of Bulgaria in 2009.
On 15 July 2009, Hristov opened his goal account for the new season with two goals in the first official match for Levski during 2009/2010 season. The event took place in the 2nd Qualifying round of UEFA Champions League, where Levski beaten the team of UE Sant Julià. The result of the match was 4:0 with a home win for Levski. On 5 August 2009, he also scored against FK Baku to wrap up a 2:0 win for the team from Sofia. In the play-off round Levski was eliminated by Debreceni VSC with 4:1 (on aggregate). However, Levski qualified for UEFA Europa League. On 8 January 2009. the coach of Levski Georgi Ivanov, announced that he gave 'his' ex-kit-number 9 to Hristov.
On 26 February 2010 Wisła Kraków signed the Bulgarian forward on loan from PFC Levski Sofia. On 7 June 2010 it was announced that Hristov's loan contract would be terminated and he would return to Levski, unlike the initial plans of Wisła having him on loan until December 2010.
Return to Bulgaria
On 31 August 2010, Hristov moved to PFC Slavia Sofia. In August 2012, he moved to another A PFG outfit PFC Lokomotiv Sofia. In February 2013, he trialed with Major League Soccer club Philadelphia Union.
Tampa Bay Rowdies
On 8 March 2013, The Tampa Bay Rowdies, of the North American Soccer League, announced that the club had signed Hristov to a two-year deal. Year two of the contract is a club option. Hristov scored his first goal for the Rowdies in a 2-0 win against the San Antonio Scorpions. Hristov made 22 appearances during his first season in USA, finishing as the club's top scorer with 12 goals. He also made 8 assists. He won the MVP award of the league that year.
On July 4, 2018 Hristov scored his 58th career goal for the Rowdies, making him the Rowdies’ all-time top scorer.
- (As of 22 May 2018)
|Club||Season||League||Domestic League||Domestic Cups||European Cups||Play-offs||Total|
|Maritsa Plovdiv||2002–03||V AFG||17||4||–||–||–||17||4|
|Botev Plovdiv||2007–08||A Group||30||19||4||3||–||–||34||22|
|Levski Sofia||2008–09||A Group||25||11||3||0||3||0||–||31||11|
|Wisła Kraków (loan)||2009–10||Ekstraklasa||3||0||2||0||–||–||5||0|
|Levski Sofia||2010–11||A Group||1||0||–||0||0||–||1||0|
|Slavia Sofia||2010–11||A Group||23||4||5||0||–||–||28||4|
|Lokomotiv Sofia||2012–13||A Group||13||2||3||1||–||–||16||3|
|Tampa Bay Rowdies||2013||NASL||22||12||2||3||-||-||24||15|
- B PFG Top Goalscorer: 2005–06
- A PFG Top Goalscorer: 2007–08
- B PFG "East" Footballer of the Season: 2005–06
- A PFG Footballer of the Season: 2007–08
- NASL Golden Ball: 2013
- NASL Best XI: 2013
- NASL Player of the Month - September 2013
- "Източна "Б" Футболна група – сезон 2005/06, Голмайстори". Bulgarian-football.com. Archived from the original on 17 May 2012. Retrieved 31 May 2006.
- "Hristov's goals have Canaries singing". Uefa.com. Retrieved 15 April 2008.
- "Левски" играе, БАТЕ бие" (in Bulgarian). Netinfo sport. 13 August 2008. Retrieved 1 August 2009.
- "Hristov: Chciałem trafić do dużego klubu". Archived from the original on 2 March 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- "Жоро Христов започва подготовка с Левски" (in Bulgarian). Gong.bg. 7 June 2010. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- "Промени в състава". pfcslavia.com. Archived from the original on 17 July 2011. Retrieved 31 August 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 14 March 2013. Retrieved 8 March 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Зеница скочи срещу футболните шефове" (in Bulgarian). 7sport.net. 19 August 2008. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- "Метълът Георги Христов: Митко Бербатов е като Джеймс Хетфийлд на футбола" (in Bulgarian). dariknews.bg. 1 July 2009. Retrieved 1 June 2009.
- "Top goalscorers of A PFG (07/08)". topsport.ibox.bg. Retrieved 26 April 2009.
- "Георги Христов спечели "Златната топка" на САЩ" (in Bulgarian). focus-sport.net. Retrieved 9 November 2013.