Chapman at the Metropolitan Opera opening, September 22, 2008
|Born||Georgina Rose Chapman
14 April 1976
|Spouse(s)||Harvey Weinstein (2007-present; 2 children)|
Life and career
Chapman was born in London, England, the daughter of Caroline Wonfor, a journalist, and Brian Chapman, a multi-millionaire businessman and owner of the organic coffee company Percol. Chapman grew up in Richmond, west London. Chapman attended Marlborough College in Wiltshire, the same prestigious public school as the Duchess of Cambridge, the former Kate Middleton. Middleton and Chapman were two of dozen women The Telegraph cited when it characterized the School as "a seed bed for grooming alpha consorts."
Chapman met future partner Keren Craig, while they were both students at Chelsea College of Art and Design. Chapman graduated from Wimbledon School of Art in 2001 and began her career as a costume designer. After graduation, Chapman appeared in various television shows and films.
In 2004, she and Craig launched Marchesa, named after socialite Marchesa Luisa Casati. Investors of the brand include Giuseppe Cipriani and Steve Witkoff. In 2006, the label was named one of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund's top ten finalists.
In 2012, Chapman was a judge on Project Runway: All Stars. She continues in that role for the 2013 season and 2014 season.
Chapman started dating film producer Harvey Weinstein in December 2004, after he left his first wife. They married on 15 December 2007 in Connecticut, USA. The couple splits their time between a West Village townhouse, a seafront home in Westport, Connecticut, and a mansion in Los Angeles. Chapman gave birth to the couple's first child, daughter India Pearl, on 30 August 2010. On 11 April 2013, they welcomed a son, Dashiell Max Robert.
- Project Runway: All Stars (2012-2013) – Herself, judge
- Gossip Girl (2009) .... Herself
- Awake (2007) .... Penny Carver
- The Nanny Diaries (2007) .... TriBeCa Fashionista
- Don't - Fake Trailer in between Planet Terror & Death Proof in Grindhouse (2007)
- Factory Girl (2006) .... Interviewer
- "Project Catwalk" (2006) TV Series .... Herself - Guest Panelist Season 1, Episode 9
- Derailed (2005/I) .... Candy
- The Business (2005) .... Carly
- Match Point (2005) .... Nola Co-Worker
- Danny the Dog (2005) .... Floozy 1
- Zemanovaload (2005) .... Jenna
- "Rosemary & Thyme" .... Celia Llewellyn (1 episode, 2004)
- The Italian Rapscallion (2004) TV Episode .... Celia Llewellyn
- Bride & Prejudice (2004) .... Anne
- A Soldier's Tunic (2004) .... Katherine Cranborn
- Piccadilly Jim (2004) .... Connie 1
- Shanghai Knights (2003) .... Debutante
- Sons & Lovers (2003) (TV) .... Louie
- Jeffrey Archer: The Truth (2002) (TV) .... Secretary
- Desire (2001) .... Eve
- Malle, Chloe (6 May 2011). "Fashion Designers Recall Their Mothers' Style". The New York Times.
- Victoria Lambert (2014-03-29). "Why everyone wants a Marlborough missus". London: The Telegraph (UK). Retrieved 2015-02-09.
And it hasn’t just produced “better halves” for politicians – its reach of influence stretches across the internet, fashion, the BBC and Hollywood, through old girls Amanda Rosenberg (dating Google founder Sergey Brin); Amanda Harlech (former wife of Lord Harlech, and muse to Karl Lagerfeld); Elizabeth Ann Clough (long-term partner of Jeremy Paxman); and Georgina Chapman, “wife of” Oscar-winning producer Harvey Weinstein.
- Fashion Mini: February 2008[clarification needed]
- About Marchesa
- Daily Mail 30 January 2010 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1247415/Whos-new-Tatler-girl-Unknowns-make-mark-style-bibles-best-dressed-Top-10--including-girl-loves-Harrods-doughnuts.html
- "Georgina Chapman Net Worth According to the Sunday Times". Richest Lifestyle. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- New York Post" Weinstein, Chapman blessed with another girl" nypost.com 31 August 2010
- "Harvey Weinstein: Why I’m Happy to Finally Have a Son". People. 23 April 2013.