Gerry Mulligan Meets Stan Getz
|Gerry Mulligan Meets Stan Getz|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||October 12, 1957 |
Los Angeles, California
|Label||Verve MGV 8249|
|Stan Getz chronology|
|Gerry Mulligan chronology|
|Getz Meets Mulligan in Hi-Fi Cover|
Gerry Mulligan Meets Stan Getz (also released as Getz Meets Mulligan in Hi-Fi) is an album by American jazz saxophonists Gerry Mulligan and Stan Getz featuring performances recorded in 1957 released on the Verve label.
|Encyclopedia of Popular Music|||
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings|||
- "Let's Fall in Love" (Harold Arlen, Ted Koehler) – 6:25
- "Anything Goes" (Cole Porter) – 3:35
- "Too Close for Comfort" (Jerry Bock, Larry Holofcener, George David Weiss) – 6:54
- "That Old Feeling" (Sammy Fain, Lew Brown) – 5:55
- "This Can't Be Love" (Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart) – 8:44
- "A Ballad" (Gerry Mulligan) – 5:41
- "Scrapple from the Apple" (Charlie Parker) – 8:05 Bonus track on CD reissue
- "I Didn't Know What Time It Was" (Rogers, Hart) – 8:59 Bonus track on CD reissue
Tracks 7 and 8 originally appeared on a LP with Oscar Peterson trio tracks comprising Side B (MGV-8348)
- Gerry Mulligan - baritone saxophone (tracks 4-8), tenor saxophone (tracks 1-3)
- Stan Getz - tenor saxophone (tracks 4-8), baritone saxophone (tracks 1-3)
- Lou Levy - piano
- Ray Brown - bass
- Stan Levey - drums
- Verve Records Catalog: 8200 series accessed February 23, 2016
- Discography of the Verve, Clef and Norgran labels accessed February 23, 2016
- Gerry Mulligan Discography Archived April 22, 2012, at the Wayback Machine accessed February 23, 2016
- Gerry Mulligan Meets Stan Getz – Review at AllMusic. Retrieved February 23, 2016.
- Larkin, Colin (2007). Encyclopedia of Popular Music (4th ed.). Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0195313734.
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 544. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0.