|LGA(s)||Golden Plains Shire|
Gheringhap is a rural township near Geelong, Victoria, Australia, located approximately 83 km southwest of Melbourne, between Geelong and Meredith on the Midland Highway. Gheringhap is located in the Golden Plains Shire.
The town is located at the junction of the Geelong-Ballarat railway and the Western standard gauge railway which connects Melbourne and Adelaide. Railpage Australia operates a "Railcam" at Gheringhap, which photographs freight and passenger train movements.
Graham Elliot Operates a sightings database recording (in conjunction with the Railcams) all train movements over the past 10 years. A summary of train movements is posted weekly to the Gheringhap Discussion Group.
- "Rail Geelong - Gallery - Gheringhap". www.railgeelong.com. Retrieved 2008-11-10.
- "Railpage Gheringhap Loop Railcam Project". www.railpage.com.au. Retrieved 2013-11-25.
- "Railpage Gheringhap Loop Discussions". www.railpage.com.au. Retrieved 2017-4-16. Check date values in:
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Retrieved 2008-04-11.
- Blake, L. J. (1973). Vision and Realisation: A Centenary History of State Education in Victoria (Volume 2). Education Department of Victoria. p. 1008.
- Railpage Australia - Gheringhap Loop - Latest Sighting
- Gheringhap Loop - Lineside Information Guide
- Railpage Railcam Listing
|This article about a location in Victoria, Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|