From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gideon is a character in the Hebrew Bible.
Gideon may also refer to:
- Gideon (Book of Mormon), a figure in the Book of Mormon
- Gideons International, distributor of copies of the Bible
- "Gideon", a song by My Morning Jacket from the album Z
- Gideon (album), a 1980 album by Kenny Rogers
- Gideon (comics), a Marvel Comics supervillain
- Gideon (film), a 1999 film starring Christopher Lambert
- Gideon (play), Paddy Chayefsky's 1961 Broadway drama
- Gideon (band), a Christian metal band from Alabama, United States
- Gideon (TV series), an early 1980s children's TV cartoon series
- Gideon of Scotland Yard, George Gideon, a fictional detective in novels, film and television created by John Creasey
- Gideon (Charmed), a character in the television show Charmed
- "Gideon: Tuba Warrior", a VeggieTales episode
- Gideon's Crossing, an American television series
- Jason Gideon, a BAU profiler in the television show Criminal Minds
- The Mark of Gideon, an episode of Star Trek
- Doctor Gideon Fell, fictional detective in novels, created by John Dickson Carr
- Gideon Gleeful, a character from the television series, Gravity Falls
- Gideon Rises, an episode of Gravity Falls
- "Gideon", the computer located in S.T.A.R. labs in "The Flash" and DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- Gideon, Belle and Rumplestiltskin's son in "Once Upon a Time[disambiguation needed]"
- "Gideon", an important character/plot point in "Minority Report"
- "Gideon Jura", one of the main characters in the Magic the Gathering story line, is a planeswalker who is known for making himself invulnerable to damage.
People with the surname
See also: Gedeon (surname)
- Clarence Earl Gideon, prisoner who brought Gideon v. Wainwright to the Supreme Court
- Elmo Gideon, American artist known for the Gideon Holocaust Collection
- Louan Gideon (1955–2014), American actress
People with the given name
- Gideon Ariel (born 1939), Israeli former Olympic competitor in the shot put and discus throw
- Gideon Emery, English actor,jazz musician and voice actor
- Gideon Gartner, Israeli entrepreneur and philanthropist
- Gideon Kliger (born 1980), Israeli Olympic sailor and world championship bronze medalist
- Gideon Mantell, English geologist
- George Osborne, former British Chancellor of the Exchequer whose birth-name was Gideon
- Gideon v. Wainwright, a major American court battle which required state courts to provide indigent defendants with legal counsel at taxpayer expense
- Global Infectious Disease Epidemiology Network (GIDEON), a medical decision support tool
- Gideon, the Rastafarian term for Armageddon
- Gideon Force, Ethiopian regular force during World War II
- Gideon Graves, the big bad of Scott Pilgrim
- Operation Gideon, a 1948 Haganah military operation to capture Beisan
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gideon.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.