|Full name||Gilberto Alves|
|Date of birth||December 24, 1950|
|Place of birth||Nova Lima, Brazil|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:12, 3 September 2008 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 00:12, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
Gil played for several clubs, starting his career with Villa Nova in 1970, playing for Comercial from 1974 to 1977. He played for Fluminense during the time where the club was nicknamed Máquina Tricolor (Three Color Machine). He then moved to its former club's rivals, Botafogo, where he stayed until 1980, when he joined Corinthians, moving in the subsequent years to Real Murcia of Spain, Coritiba, and Farense of Portugal, respectively.
- Tournoi Int'l de Paris in 1976 with Fluminense
- Trofeo Teresa Herrera in 1977 with Fluminense
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série B in 1971 with Villa Nova
- Campeonato Carioca (Rio de Janeiro State championship) in 1975 and 1976 with Fluminense
- Taça Guanabara in 1975 and 1976 with Fluminense
- Coupe Rio Branco in 1976 with Fluminense
- Roca Cup in 1976 with Fluminense
- Brazilian Silver Ball in 1975
- "Búfalo Gil assume o comando do Marília" (in Portuguese). Globo Online. 2008-09-02. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- "Gil (ex-ponta do Fluminense e Botafogo)" (in Portuguese). Milton Neves. 2008-08-13. Archived from the original on 2011-10-02. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- "Seleção Brasileira (Brazilian National Team) 1978-1979". RSSSF. 2007-01-12. Retrieved 2008-09-02.[permanent dead link]
- "Búfalo Gil é o novo treinador do Marília" (in Portuguese). Terra. 2008-09-02. Archived from the original on 2011-06-07. Retrieved 2008-09-02.