Giorgio La Malfa
Giorgio La Malfa (born October 13, 1939) is an Italian politician.
La Malfa served as secretary of the Italian Republican Party from 1987 to 1993, when he stood down and was indicted to face trial over a corruption scandal. He returned to politics in 1994, and has since 2001 been president of the party. From 2001 to 2005 he was President of the Finances Commission of the Italian Chamber of Deputies. He was Italian minister for European Union Affairs from April 2005 until the elections of April 2006, when La Malfa's center-right coalition lost its majority; La Malfa was nonetheless elected to Parliament.
- Le innovazioni nella teoria dello sviluppo (1970)
- L'Italia al bivio, ristagno o sviluppo (1985, with E. Grilli and P. Savona)
- Le ragioni di una svolta (1992, with G. Turani)
- L'Europa legata: i rischi dell'euro (2000)
- Della Vedova, Benedetto (11 October 2003). "Catallassi: Benedetto Della Vedova intervista Giorgio La Malfa" (in Italian). Radio Radicale.
- "'Il metro e' anche di mio padre Ugo La Malfa'" (in Italian). La Repubblica. 24 November 1996.
- Cowell, Alan (3 March 1993). "Web of Scandal: A special report.; Broad Bribery Investigation Is Ensnaring the Elite of Italy". New York Times.
- "5 former party chiefs to go on trial in Italy". Toledo Blade. 25 May 1994.
- "BERLUSCONI ALLA CAMPAGNA D' EUROPA". La Repubblica. 30 May 1994.
- "Nasce il premier all'italiana. Oggi il voto finale" (in Italian). Corriere della Sera. 14 October 2005.
- "Pensioni. Pezzotta: questa non è una riforma. Sabato la decisione sullo sciopero generale". RAI News. 30 September 2003.
- Scherer, Steve (23 April 2005). "Berlusconi Heads New Government, Ends Coalition Fight". Bloomberg.
- Mistichelli, Stefania (11 April 2006). "Le Marche avranno 24 parlamentari" (in Italian). Il Quotidiano.