|Outlaw Nation; Y: The Last Man; Hellblazer: Lady Constantine; Wonder Woman; Ghosted|
|Awards||2001 Russ Manning Most Promising Newcomer Award|
Sudžuka began his work in animation at Zagreb Film. In 1990 he started collaborating with fellow Croatian Darko Macan on Albert the Butler, a series of short horror stories published in Croatia and Germany. Macan was the writer on most of the comics Sudžuka did in Croatia (some of those were later collected in a single volume called Sudžukice), including Svebor & Plamena, a teenage soap-opera which won him the award for Best Realistic Comic in Croatia in 1997.
In 1999 he began working for Vertigo, co-creating Outlaw Nation with writer Jamie Delano which won him the Russ Manning Best Newcomer Award at the Eisner Awards in 2001. In 2002 he illustrated the four-part series Hellblazer: Lady Constantine, written by Andy Diggle, and in 2005 he completed an album from the series L'Histoire Secrete for the French publisher Delcourt. From 2004 to 2007 Sudžuka was a regular fill-in artist on Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra's Y: The Last Man. In 2007/08 he worked on another Hellblazer spin-off, Chas – The Knowledge written by Simon Oliver; in 2009 Sudžuka did two issues of the regular Hellblazer series written by Peter Milligan. In 2011 he completed A.D.D., a graphic novel for Vertigo written by Douglas Rushkoff and published in January 2012. Around the same time he also collaborated with writer Jason Aaron on issues 15 and 16 of Wolverine series. In 2013 he worked on the series Ghosted with Joshua Williamson for Skybound, and as fill-in artist on Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang's Wonder Woman.
Sudžuka currently lives in Zagreb, Croatia. Among his artistic influences Sudžuka cites fellow Croatians Andrija Maurović, Ivica Bednjanec, Igor Kordey, Darko Macan and Edvin Biuković, as well as many other international artists.
Interior comic work includes:
- Outlaw Nation (with Jamie Delano, Vertigo):
- 9-11 Volume 2: "Child's Play" (with Jamie Delano, anthology graphic novel, DC Comics, 2002)
- Hellblazer (Vertigo):
- Q strip (anthology, Mentor):
- "Luzeri" (script and art, in #4, 2004)
- "Martina Mjesec" (with Darko Macan, in #8-10 and 12, 2005–2006)
- Beyond Avalon #1-2: "Wanderlust" (with Joe Pruett, Desperado Publishing, 2005)
- Y: The Last Man #32-35, 39-42, 46-48, 53-54 (with Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra (#39 and 46), Vertigo, 2005–2007)
- Negative Burn v2 #6: "Rick Cardet" (with Timohir Tikulin-Tice, anthology, Desperado Publishing, 2006)
- Hrvatski Velikani Volume 1 #1: "Tomislav, prvi hrvatski kralj" (with Darko Macan, Astoria, 2007)
- L'Histoire secrète Volume 3: "The Grail of Montségur" (with Jean-Pierre Pécau, Delcourt, 2007)
- Strange Adventures: "A TRUE STORY from Saucer Country" (with Paul Cornell, anthology one-shot, Vertigo, 2011)
- Wolverine v4 #15-16: "Wolverine Forever, Wolverine No More" (with Jason Aaron, Marvel, 2011)
- A.D.D.: Adolescent Demo Division (with Douglas Rushkoff, graphic novel, Vertigo, 2012)
- Zabava za celu porodicu #25: "Pričati latinski" (with Vlada Tadić, co-feature, Lavirint, 2012)
- Vekovnici Volume 6 (with Marko Stojanović, among other artists, System Comics, 2013)
- Ghosted #1-5, 11-12, 20 (with Joshua Williamson and Vladimir Krstić (#20), Image, 2013–2014)
- Wonder Woman v4 (DC Comics):
- "The Queen of Roots" (with Brian Azzarello, Cliff Chiang and Tony Akins, in #18, 2013)
- "Under Seas" (with Brian Azzarello and Tony Akins, in #19, 2013)
- "Moon Over Mayhem" (with Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang, in #20, 2013)
- "A Guilded Rage" (with Brian Azzarello, in #24-26, 2013–2014)
- "Icy France" (with Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang, in #28, 2014)
- "This Monster's Gone Eleven" (with Brian Azzarello, in #30-31, 2014)
- "The Beast of Times" (with Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang, in #32, 2014)
- "For the Love of a Queen" (with Meredith Finch, in Annual #1, 2015)
- Secret Origins v3 #6: "The Secret Origin of Wonder Woman!" (with Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang, anthology, DC Comics, 2014)
- Green Lantern/New Gods: Godhead: "Chapter One" (with Van Jensen and Justin Jordan, among other artists, one-shot, DC Comics, 2014)
- Batman Eternal #42: "Black & Blue" (with Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Ray Fawkes, Tim Seeley and Kyle Higgins, among other artists, DC Comics, 2015)
- Empire of the Dead: Act Two #5 (with Rick Magyar — inks on Dalibor Talajić, written by George A. Romero, Marvel, 2015)
- Secret Wars: Master of Kung Fu #1-4 (inks on Dalibor Talajić, written by Haden Blackman, Marvel, 2015)
- Secret Wars: Thors #2-3 (with Jason Aaron and Chris Sprouse, Marvel, 2015)
- What if...? — Infinity #5: "Dark Reign" (with Joshua Williamson, Marvel, 2015)
- Batman and Robin Eternal (plot by Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV, DC Comics):
- Daredevil v5 #4, 8-9 (with Charles Soule and Ron Garney (#4), Marvel, 2016)
- Howard the Duck v6 #5: "Collect Call to Arms" (with Joe Rivera — inks on Joe Quinones, written by Chip Zdarsky, Marvel, 2016)
- Hercules v4 #6: "Here's to a Long Life" (with Dan Abnett and Dalibor Talajić, Marvel, 2016)
- 2001 Russ Manning Most Promising Newcomer Award
- 2006 Eisner Award for Best Serialized Story, for Y: The Last Man #37-39: "Paper Dolls"
- 2013 Hugo Award for Best Graphic Story, for Strange Adventures: "A True Story from Saucer Country" (with Paul Cornell, Vertigo, 2011)
- "Goran Sudzuka: About".
- Sudžuka, Goran (November 15, 2008). "Sudžukice". Džukalog.
- Sudžuka, Goran (May 26, 2012). "My Five Most Influential Croatian Comic Book Artists". CBR.
- The Russ Manning Most Promising Newcomer Award
- 2006 Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Goran Sudžuka.|