Green Hills Engineering College
|Chairman||Sh. Kirpal Singh Pasricha|
|Principal||Dr. Alok Kumar Bhardwaj|
|Location||Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Campus||Rural, 40 acres|
|Affiliations||Himachal Pradesh Technical University|
The College was established in 2003 with affiliation from Himachal Pradesh University. It started with four core branches, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering. In 2008 it added Information Technology. In 2010, Civil Engineering was added.
In 2016 it merged its Information Technology course with Computer Science & Engineering.
The College is affiliated to Himachal Pradesh Technical University and Himachal Pradesh University. The college received the approval of All India Council for Technical Education in 2003. It received candidacy status from International Accreditation Organization (U.S.A.).
Bachelor's in Technology
The college offers 4 year courses in:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Master's in Technology
The college offers 2 year courses in:
- International Accreditation Organization (United States of America) granted Candidacy Status.
- College Chairman Sh. Kirpal Singh Pasricha received the "Best Entrepreneur Award" in India from Minister Shashi Tharoor on 15 February 2013 from "Engineering Watch".
- The College was awarded the Best Engineering College in Himachal Pradesh by the Himalayan Research Scholar Association.
- GHEC ranked 2nd among top emerging engineering colleges in India, and ranked 1st among private colleges in Himachal Pradesh (CSR-GHRDC 2010 Survey of Engineering Colleges)
The College has ISO 9001:2008 certification for its infrastructure. It offers the following educational and additional facilities:
- Administrative Block
- Computer Sciences Block
- Mechanical Engineering block, Separate 8 Floor Block
- Electrical Engineering block, Separate 4 Floor Block
- Electronics Block
- Library: 13,784 books on engineering and general studies. 90 scientific Journals
- Hostels: 2 Hostel Shivalik and Nilgiri Hostel for boys and 1 separate hostel for girls
- Cafeteria with seating capacity approx. 100 students
- Basketball court
- Table Tennis court
- Gymnasium hall
- Open Auditorium
- Conference Hall
- Indoor Game Hall
- ATM: Punjab National Bank has settled an ATM for 24x7 cash dispensing facility
- Internet: Reliance Broadband connection of 4 Mbit/s. Fiber-based Local Area Network. Wi-Fi network.