Jaypee University of Information Technology
|Chancellor||Governor of Himachal Pradesh|
|Director||Samir Dev Gupta|
|Pro Chancellor||Manoj Gaur|
Waknaghat, Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India|
Jaypee University of Information Technology is recognised by the state government of Himachal Pradesh, India. It was set up by Act No. 14 of 2002 vide Extraordinary Gazette notification of Government of Himachal Pradesh dated 23 May 2002. JUIT was approved by the University Grants Commission under section 2(f) of the UGC Act, the University commenced academic activities from July 2002.
The campus is spread over 25 acres (100,000 m2) on the green slopes of Waknaghat.
This section does not cite any sources. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The university offers Bachelor of Technology programmes in various fields. It also offers Bachelor of Pharmacy and Master of Pharmacy as well as various doctoral programmes. In addition to the above-mentioned programs, a dual degree program is offered, wherein a student spends four years at JUIT attending aforementioned programs and one year of the MBA program at the Jaypee Business School, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology.
|Engineering – India|
The university includes the following departments:
- Department of Computer Science Engineering and IT
- Department of Electronics and Communication Technology
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
- Department of Physics and Material Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
Department of Pharmacy
- Genesis and Recognition Archived 5 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine. of JUIT. Retrieved on 2008-08-30.
- Accreditation by NBA (AICTE) Retrieved on 2009-08-17.
- Act No. 14 of 2002[permanent dead link], Himachal Pradesh Government.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "Serial Number 132/633". Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Serial Number 66/633; grant approval from 2008-2009 to 2011-2012 academic session for 60 admissions for the conduct of Ist, IInd, IIIrd & IVth year B.Pharm course. allow 60 admissions for 2011-2012 academic session not to make admissions from 2013-2014 academic session". Retrieved 14 March 2014.