Onondaga County Savings Bank Building
|Location||101 S. Salina Street, Syracuse, New York|
|Architect||Horatio Nelson White|
|NRHP Reference #||71000550|
|Added to NRHP||February 24, 1971|
The Gridley Building, built in 1867 and known previously as the Onondaga County Savings Bank Building, is a prominent historic building on Clinton Square and Hanover Square in Syracuse, New York. It was designed by Horatio Nelson White and was built adjacent to what was then the Erie Canal and is now Erie Boulevard.
The building was designed by Horatio Nelson White (1814-1892) in the Second Empire style and completed in 1867. It was built of limestone quarried on Onondaga Nation territory and then finished in a stone yard where the Dey Brother's previously resided.
The address of the Gridley Building is 101 S. Salina Street, according to the 1970 National Register of Historic Places nomination form. Five years later, the Hanover Square Historic District nomination listed its address as 101 East Water Street.
The Syracuse Savings Bank Building is located directly across Erie Boulevard.
- National Park Service (2007-01-23). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Connors, Dennis (December 1975). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Hanover Square Historic District". Retrieved 2009-01-13.
- Waite, Diana S. (August 1970). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Onondaga County Savings Bank Building". Retrieved 2009-01-17. and Accompanying 2 photos from 1973 Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "nrhptext2" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Horatio Nelson White". Syracuse Now and Then. 2010. Retrieved November 28, 2010.
- Media related to Gridley Building at Wikimedia Commons
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) No. NY-5450, "Old Onondaga Savings Bank, Erie Boulevard & Salina Street, Syracuse, Onondaga County, NY", 6 photos, 2 data pages, 1 photo caption page
- Syracuse Then and Now.org: The Gridley Building
|This article about a historic property or district in Onondaga County, New York, that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|