Grizzly Man (soundtrack)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Soundtrack album by Richard Thompson|
|Recorded||December 2004 at Fantasy Studios Berkeley, California|
|Richard Thompson chronology|
After the problematic production of the Sweet Talker soundtrack album, Thompson was disinclined to do any more movie soundtracks. However, he relented in this case, agreeing to work with director Werner Herzog whom he respected and with long-time friend and occasional collaborator Henry Kaiser producing the soundtrack.
The soundtrack - with the exception of one song - was recorded in just two days with Thompson and the other musicians largely improvising to specific scenes from the movie whilst Herzog watched from the control room. The one exception was the last track, "Coyotes", a previously recorded performance by Don Edwards. The purchasing of the rights to include that recording accounted for the lion's share of the budget for producing the soundtrack.
Apart from the Edwards track and one track that features a voice over from Timothy Treadwell's tape diaries, the music is all instrumental.
All songs written by Richard Thompson except where noted.
- "Tim And The Bears"
- "Main Title"
- "Ghosts in the Maze"
- "Glencoe" (James Scott Skinner, arranged by Thompson)
- "Parents" (Richard Thompson, Danielle DeGruttola)
- "Bear Swim" (Richard Thompson, Danielle DeGruttola)
- "Twilight Cowboy"
- "The Kibosh" (Richard Thompson, Jim O'Rourke)
- "Treadwell No More"
- "Teddy Bear" (Richard Thompson, Danielle DeGruttola)
- "Small Racket" (Richard Thompson, Jim O'Rourke)
- "That's my Story"
- "Bear Fight" (Danielle DeGruttola, Damon Smith)
- "Big Racket" (Richard Thompson, Jim O'Rourke, Henry Kaiser)
- "Corona For Mr. Chocolate" (Jim O'Rourke)
- "Main Title Revisited"
- "Coyotes" (Don Edwards)
- Richard Thompson - guitar, bass guitar
- Danielle DeGruttola - cello
- John Hanes - percussion
- Jim O'Rourke - piano, guitar
- Damon Smith - Double bass
- Henry Kaiser - electric guitar on Big Racket.