|Live album by Richard Thompson|
|Recorded||March 2003 in the UK and May 2003 in the United States|
|Richard Thompson chronology|
|Greenman Review||(not rated)|
Ducknapped! is a live album by Richard Thompson recorded during the 2003 tour to support the album The Old Kit Bag and released on Thompson's boutique Beeswing label. As with most of Thompson's recent live releases from a tour supporting a new album, the new album is featured heavily, with 9 of The Old Kit Bag's 12 songs being featured.
The title is derived from the joke 'ducknapping' of the tour mascot, a stuffed duck, and the subsequent backstage appearance of cod ransom notes.
Would be purchasers should note that none of the tracks on this album are included on the Live in Providence DVD which was shot on the same tour. Live in Providence features Rory MacFarlane on bass guitar and double bass. Danny Thompson (no relation) was first call for the 2003 tour and plays on most tracks on this album, but after he was taken ill MacFarlane replaced him.
All songs composed by Richard Thompson
- "Pearly Jim"
- "Outside of the Inside"
- "Missie How You Let Me Down"
- "A Love You Can't Survive"
- "One Door Opens"
- "I’ll Tag Along"
- "Bank Vault In Heaven"
- "She Said It Was Destiny"
- "I Misunderstood"
- "Can't Win"
- "Jealous Words"
- "Word Unspoken, Sight Unseen"
- Richard Thompson - guitar and vocals
- Earl Harvin - drums and dumbek
- Danny Thompson - double bass
- Judith Owen - backing vocals on One Door Opens, Jealous Words and Word Unspoken, Sight Unseen.
- Christine Collister - backing vocals on Bank Vault In Heaven and Can't Win
- Rory MacFarlane - bass guitar
- Pete Zorn - backing vocals, acoustic guitar, mandolin, baritone saxophone and bass flute
- Gary Whitehouse, David Kidney (2011). "Richard Thompson: 1000 Years of Popular Music/Richard Thompson Band: Ducknapped". greenmanreview.com. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 1 September 2011.