Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up groom, groomer, or grooming in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A groom (short for bridegroom) is a male participant in a wedding ceremony.
Groom may also refer to:
- The Groom, a 2016 Russian comedy film
- Groom (profession), a person responsible for the feeding and care of horses
In the English/British Royal Household
- Groom of the Stool (later styled Groom of the Stole) - the senior nobleman in attendance in the King's Bedchamber.
- Groom of the Chamber - a rank of courtier in the Tudor royal court
- Groom of the Privy Chamber - a junior nobleman in attendance in the Chamber.
- Groom of the Bedchamber (later styled Groom in Waiting) - a junior nobleman in attendance in the King's Bedchamber.
- Groom of the Great Chamber - a junior nobleman in attendance (who would customarily also serve as King's Messenger).
- Groom of the Robes
- Groom Lake (salt flat), a geographic feature of the United States Military Area 51
- Groom Range, a mountain range in Nevada
- Division of Groom, a Commonwealth Electoral Division in Queensland, Australia
- Groom, Texas, a town in Carson County, Texas, United States, location of the second largest cross in the western hemisphere
The verb to groom may refer to:
- Personal grooming, or preening, in humans and animals, a hygienic activity (caring for physical appearance)
- Dog grooming, the care provided for a dog's physical appearance (especially its coat and nails), or specific work done to enhance its appearance for a show
- Horse grooming, the daily hygienic care provided for horses, or specific work done on the horse to enhance its physical appearance for a show
- Child grooming, befriending a child, in the negative context of preparing them to accept abusive behavior
- Snow grooming, the process of preparing snow for recreational uses, such as skiing
- Traffic grooming, a technical activity in telecommunications
- Product backlog refinement, preparing a prioritised requirements list in agile software development
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Groom.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.