Gujarat Parivartan Party
Keshubhai Patel (founder)
|Founded||6 August 2012|
|Dissolved||24 February 2014|
|Seats in Lok Sabha||
0 / 545
|Seats in Rajya Sabha||
0 / 245
Gujarat Parivartan Party was a political party from Gujarat, India. It was founded by Keshubhai Patel in August 2012. It performed poorly in 2012 assembly elections. Later it was merged with Bharatiya Janata Party in February 2014.
2012 Gujarat legislative assembly elections
Merger with Bharatiya Janta Party
President of GPP Gordhan Zadafia announced merger of GPP with the Bharatiya Janata Party on 24 February 2014. Senior leader of GPP and the former chief minister Suresh Mehta opposed the decision. Nalin Kotadiya who is representing Dhari in the Gujarat Legislative Assembly joined BJP along with party.
- "Keshubhai Patel formally launches Gujarat Parivartan Party". NDTV.com. 2012-08-06. Retrieved 2012-10-27.
- Samay, Live (December 20, 2012). "Gujarat Assembly elections 2012 results: Winners list". samaylive.com. Retrieved 22 December 2012.
- "Keshubhai resigns as MLA". The Times of India. 2014-02-14. Retrieved 2014-02-17.
- "Gujarat Parivartan Party merges with BJP". Niticentral.
- "Keshubhai Patel’s Gujarat Parivartan Party merges with BJP". Jagran.
|This article about an Indian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|