|DfE URN||138894 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
Guthlaxton College is a coeducational upper school and sixth form with academy status, located in Wigston Magna in the English county of Leicestershire. The school is named after the Guthlaxton hundred of Leicestershire.
Previously a community school administered by Leicestershire County Council, Guthlaxton College converted to academy status in November 2012. However the school continues to coordinate with Leicestershire County Council for admissions.
Guthlaxton College offers GCSEs and BTECs as programmes of study for pupils, while students in the sixth form have the option to study from a range of A Levels and further BTECs. The school specialises in performing arts and has dedicated facilities to support the specialism.
In September 2015 the school will become Wigston College and shall offer only post-16 education. Wigston Academy, a sister college on the same site and part of the same academy trust, will offer 10- 16 education.
Notable former pupils
- Buenos Aires (band), an Alternative Rock band who met whilst attending the school
- Brett Deacon, rugby union player
- "Welcome | Guthlaxton College". Guth.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-01-19.
- "About Us". Guth.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-01-19.
- "Changes Planned for Abington Academy, Bushloe High School and Guthlaxton College, in Wigston". Leicester Mercury. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
|This Leicestershire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|