Hulbekmo at Oslo jazzfestival 2016
1989 (age 28–29)|
|Instruments||Drums, percussion, vibraphone|
|Labels||Dayladore Collective, Hubro Records, Nabovarsel|
|Associated acts||Your Headlights Are On, Moskus, Broen|
|Website||Hans Hulbækmo on Myspace|
Hans Hulbækmo (born 1989) is a Norwegian musician (drums, percussion, saw, Jew's harp and vibraphone) and composer, son of the traditional folk musicians Tone Hulbækmo and Hans Fredrik Jacobsen, married to tubaist and composer Heiða Karine Jóhannesdóttir Mobeck, and known from several Norwegian bands as Broen, Hanna Paulsberg Concept, Skadedyr, Moskus, Atomic, Kalenda Maya and his collaboration with Anders Røine.
Hulbækmo studied music on the Jazz program at Trondheim Musikkonsevatorium, NTNU, where he joined the acoustic jazz band "Moskus" together with fellow students, Fredrik Luhr Dietrichson (double bass) from Haugesund and Anja Lauvdal (piano) from Flekkefjord, at NTNU. Their debut album was Salmesykkel (2012) Hulbækmo also played in "Your Headlights Are On" with an selftiteled debut album Your Headlights Are On (2011) and "Snøskred" debuting with the album Whiteout (2012), with Anja Lauvdal.
In 2015, he released the album "Yoga" with the band Broen.
- 2011: Grappas Debutantpris, with "Moskus"
- 2011: Young Nordic Jazz Comets, with "Hanna Paulsberg Concept"
- 2011: Trondheim Jazz Festivals Talent Price, with "Hanna Paulsberg Concept"
- 2013: Broen/Invader Ace: The split jump drug EP (10" EP) (Kakao Musikk)
- 2015: Yoga' (LP) (Nabovarsel)
- 2017: I <3 Art (Su Tissue)
- 2012: Waltz For Lilli (Øra Fonogram)
- 2014: Song For Josia (Øra Fonogram)
- 2016: Eastern Smiles (Odin)
- 2013: Kongekrabbe (Hubro)
- 2016: Culturen (Hubro)
- 2018: Musikk! (Hubro)
- 2015: Lucidity (Jazzland)
- 2017: Six Easy Pieces (Odin)
- 2016: Kristine Valdresdatter (Ta:lik)
- 2011: Your Headlights Are On (Dayladore Collective)
- 2011: Meltemi – wind of Mykonos (Etnisk Musikklubb)
- 2013: Trå dansen (Grappa)
- 2016: Stifinner (Grappa)
- 2012: We are (7" single) (Riot Factory, Sad songs for happy people)
- 2012: Whiteout (Riot Factory, Sad songs for happy people)
- 2012: Billowing Shadows Flickering Light (Riot Factory)
- 2013: The Guest House (Bergland Productions)
- Nodeland, Randi Helén (20 October 2011). "Hans Hulbækmo vant Grappas debutantpris" (in Norwegian). Østlendingen. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Young Star stipend til jazz-pianist". Statkraft. Archived from the original on 5 October 2013. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- Mosnes, Terje (5 September 2012). "Talenter underveis" (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Hans Hulbækmo Discography". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hans Hulbækmo.|