|President of the National Assembly of Chad|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Nassour Guelendouksia Ouaido|
|10th Prime Minister of Chad|
12 June 2002 – 24 June 2003
|Preceded by||Nagoum Yamassoum|
|Succeeded by||Moussa Faki|
|Born||29 April 1949|
|Political party||Patriotic Salvation Movement|
Haroun Kabadi (Arabic: هارون كبادي Hārūn Kabādī; born 29 April 1949) is a Chadian politician. He was Prime Minister of Chad from June 2002 to June 2003 and has been President of the National Assembly of Chad since June 2011.
Kabadi is a member of the Patriotic Salvation Movement (MPS). From January 1998 to July 1998, he was Minister of Communications and Government Spokesman. He then became managing director of the Société cotonnière du Tchad, the parastatal cotton company, before being appointed as Prime Minister on June 12, 2002. Later in June 2002, while reading his government programme to the National Assembly, Kabadi collapsed, reportedly due to high blood pressure and forgetting his medication; he quickly recovered after being carried into another room. He remained Prime Minister for one year until President Idriss Déby appointed Moussa Faki to replace him in June 2003.
Kabadi also served as Secretary-General of the Presidency for a time. He was elected to replace Nagoum Yamassoum as Secretary-General of the MPS in January 2011. Elected to a seat in the National Assembly in the February 2011 parliamentary election, Kabadi was then elected as President of the National Assembly in June 2011. Adrien Beyom succeeded Kabadi as Secretary-General of the MPS in October 2012 at the party's fifth congress.
- East, Roger; Thomas, Richard J. Profiles of People in Power: The World's Government Leaders (1st ed.). p. 100. ISBN 185743126X. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "Chad's president appoints new prime minister, government", Associated Press, June 13, 2003.
- "Chad: Premier Kabadi "collapses" while delivering policy statement in parliament", Africa No 1 radio, Libreville, June 26, 2002.
- "Chad: President Deby appoints Moussa Faki Mahamat as new prime minister", BBC Monitoring International Reports, June 24, 2003.
- "Remaniement : l'ex-rebelle Mahamat Nour nommé ministre de la Défense", Agence France-Presse, March 4, 2007 (in French).
- "Décret N°224/PR/PM/2007, Portant Remaniement du Gouvernement", Chadian government website, March 4, 2007 (in French).
- "Liste des Membres du Gouvernement du 23 Avril 2008", website of the Chadian Presidency (in French).
- "Idriss Déby Itno investi candidat à la présidentielle d’avril", African Press Agency, 17 January 2011 (in French).
- "Tchad : Haroun Kabadi élu président de l'Assemblée Nationale" Archived 2012-01-09 at the Wayback Machine, Xinhua, 25 June 2011 (in French).
- Edouard Takadji, "MPS: M. Adrien Beyom est un nouveau Secrétaire général", JournalDuTchad.com, 22 October 2012 (in French).
| Prime Minister of Chad
June 13, 2002 – June 24, 2003