He worked as a Senior Partner with McKinsey & Company. From 1993 to 2001, he was Chief Executive Officer of American Express. He served as Chairman of the Board at the Campbell Soup Company from November 2004 to July 2009. He served as Chairman of the American International Group (AIG). His resignation as AIG Chairman was announced on July 16, 2010. He sits on the Boards of Directors of Marblegate Asset Management, the Campbell Soup Company, and Ripplewood Holdings. He currently serves as the Chairman of Miller Buckfire. He sits on the Board of Trustees of the American Enterprise Institute, the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, and the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek
- Stempel, Jonathan (6 August 2009). "AIG names former Amex CEO Golub as its chairman". Reuters. Retrieved 7 August 2009.
- Miller Buckfire
- Silbiger, Steve The Jewish Phenomenon: Seven Keys to the Enduring Wealth of a People p. 79
- Michael J. de la Merced, Miller Buckfire Plans to Name Golub Its Chairman, The New York Times, October 17, 2011
- "Board of Trustees". Manhattan Institute for Policy Research. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- American Enterprise Institute Board of Trustees
James D. Robinson III
|CEO of American Express
Edward M. Liddy
|Non-executive chairman of AIG
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|