Holy Trinity Church, Hatfield Heath
|Hatfield Heath shown within Essex|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||Bishop's Stortford|
|Postcode district||CM22 7|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
Hatfield Heath is a village and electoral ward located in the county of Essex, UK, with a population of 1,930 at the time of the 2011 Census. The village is close to the border with Hertfordshire and is in close proximity of the towns of Bishop's Stortford, Harlow and Chelmsford. Stansted Airport is approximately 5 miles (8 km) to the north.
The M11 motorway crosses the village in two locations – over the Stortford Road and over the Sawbridgeworth Road.
The village has social and business communities. Local businesses include Chinese and Indian restaurants, a fish and chips shop, two public houses, a post office, a bakery, a stationers and print shop, a dog parlour, doctors' surgery, two churches, a village hall, a primary school, two hotels and tea rooms.
Every summer the Hatfield Heath Festival is held on the main green. The festival was started in June 1969 to pay for rebuilding of the village hall and its upkeep. After a gap of nine years the festival was revived. Its main purpose now is to bring the community together for a happy fun weekend.
To the north of the village is Hatfield Forest, the best surviving example in Britain of an almost complete Royal Hunting Forest. The forest is open to the public and covers 1,049 acres (4 km2) of woodland, grassland with trees, lake and marsh.
Bus travel is the only form of public transport in the village and is vital for younger and elderly residents. The most frequent bus services are the route 59 operating hourly between Harlow and Chelmsford and the route 5 operating hourly between Bishops Stortford and Saffron Walden and serving Stansted Airport.
|5||Bishops Stortford Interchange to Saffron Walden Tesco via Stansted Airport||TGM Stansted||Mon-Sat. Times|
|59||Harlow Bus Station to Chelmsford Bus Station via The Rodings||Arriva Shires & Essex||Mon-Sat. Times|
|146||Hatfield Heath White Horse to Ongar Two Brewers via White Roding||Regal Busways||Tuesdays and Thursdays. Times|
|322 Schoolbus||Old Harlow Post Office to Saffron Walden High School via Sheering||TGM Stansted||Schooldays. Times|
|347||Harlow Bus Station to Hatfield Broad Oak via Sawbridgeworth||First Essex||Mon-Sat. Times|
The nearest railway stations to Hatfield Heath are:
- Bishop's Stortford Station - services to London Liverpool Street, Cambridge and Stansted Airport.
- Harlow Town Station - services to London Liverpool Street, Bishops Stortford and Stansted Airport.
- Harlow Mill Station - near Old Harlow. services to London Liverpool Street, Bishops Stortford and Stansted Airport.
- Sawbridgeworth Station - services to London Liverpool Street, Bishops Stortford and Stansted Airport.
- Chelmsford Station - bus route 59 can be used to get here. Services to London Liverpool Street, East Anglia (including Ipswich, Harwich and Norwich).
- "Neighbourhood Statistics". Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hatfield Heath.|
- Village web site
- Hatfield Heath CP School web site
- Hatfield Forest web site
- Hatfield Heath Farmers' Market
|This Essex location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|