|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-HR|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Faridabad Lok Sabha Constituency|
Hathin is a town and a municipal committee in the Palwal district in the Indian state of Haryana. The Hathin city is divided into 13 wards for which elections are held every 5 years. The Hathin Municipal Committee has population of 14,421 of which 7,673 are males while 6,748 are females as per report released by Census India 2011.
Population of Children with age of 0-6 is 2255 which is 15.64% of total population of Hathin (MC). In Hathin Municipal Committee, Female Sex Ratio is of 879 against state average of 879. Moreover Child Sex Ratio in Hathin is around 820 compared to Haryana state average of 834. Literacy rate of Hathin city is 71.97% lower than state average of 75.55%. In Hathin, Male literacy is around 81.69% while female literacy rate is 61.06%.
Hathin Municipal Committee has total administration over 2,377 houses to which it supplies basic amenities like water and sewerage. It is also authorized to build roads within Municipal Committee limits and impose taxes on properties coming under its jurisdiction.
As of 2001[update] India census, Hathin had a population of 10,913. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Hathin has an average literacy rate of 59%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 69%, and female literacy is 47%. In Hathin, 19% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The nearest railway station is 15 kilometres (9 mi) from Hathin. There are many trains available from Palwal. The nearest railway station is Palwal Railway Station. There are many trains available for Delhi. Recently the rail minister started ladies' special trains between Palwal and Delhi. There are also many super-fast trains available for long distance journey. Mahatma Gandhi was arrested on 10 April 1919 from Palwal railway station. Palwal is the biggest station in Haryana. It has 10 platforms. There are many local trains running on both sides of Dehli and Mathura junction.
HUDA has announced a land for a shopping complex in the town as well residential plots. Building of community health center being updated and mini-secretariat for all official works is under construction. On 27 May 2015, Haryana chief minister M. L. Khattar announced 40 crore for a four-lane project from Palwal to Hathin by pass from Hathin to link NH-2, 5 crore for Hathin city beautification, 150 crore for to improve irrigation facility and up-gradation of existing building of government girls school.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2015)|
- Modish Public School
- Shanti Niketan Public School
- Tagore Shiksha Niketan Public School
- St. John's Public School
- Yadav Academy
- Sehrawat Public School
- Govt. Sr. Sec. School (Girls)
- Govt. boys senior sec. school
- Govt. primary school
- Mewat Model School Buraka, Hathin
- New D.P.S Bhanguri
- Krishna public School, Swamika
- ASM convent public school
- Sehrawat degree college
- Yadav degree college
- Government Industrial Training Institute
- Government polytechnic college Uttawar
- Mewat School of Education
- Govt. Girls College, Swamika
Electricity in the town is provided by DHBVN. State transport Haryana roadways buses connects town to district palwal and with cities like Gurgaon Delhi and Chandigarh.
- State bank of india main market gehlab road
- State bank of patiala gehlab road hathin
- Oriental Bank of Commerce gehlab road
- Bank of Baroda gehlab road
- Canara bank bus stand road
- Sarv haryana gramin bank gehlab road
- The co-operative bank
- PLDB bank
- Axis bank ATM
- HDFC bank near bus stand
- "Parliamentary/Assembly Constituency wise Electors in Final Roll 2009" (PDF). Chief Electoral Officer, Haryana.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.