Haverfordwest Castle (electoral ward)
Ward locations within the town of Haverfordwest
|Population||2,301 (2011 census)|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
3 (Town Council)
Haverfordwest Castle is the name of an electoral ward in Pembrokeshire, Wales. It covers the centre of the town of Haverfordwest west of the river including the High Street, Winch Lane and north along Crowhill Road. It elects a councillor to Pembrokeshire County Council.
Castle ward also elects three community councillors to Haverfordwest Town Council.
At the May 2012 and May 2017 election the county council seat was retained by Thomas Tudor for Welsh Labour. 2017 saw his wife Alison Tudor win the neighbouring Haverfordwest Prendergast seat.
|Labour||Thomas Baden Tudor||438|
|Conservative||Kevin Lewis Davies||118|
|Labour||Thomas Baden Tudor||557|
|Conservative||Sarah Marie Llewellyn||263|
Cllr Thomas Tudor has been a Pembrokeshire County Councillor for the seat since 1995.
- "The County of Pembrokeshire (Electoral Arrangements) Order 1998". Legislation.gov.uk. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "Councillors". Haverfordwest Town Council. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
- UK Census (2011). "Local Area Report – Haverfordwest: Castle 2011 Census Ward (1237327746)". Nomis. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "LIVE BLOG: Pembrokeshire County Council election count as it happens". South Wales Argus. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 31 October 2017.
- "All the results from the Pembrokeshire County Council elections as they happen". Western Telegraph. 5 May 2017. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "Pembrokeshire County Council Election Results 1995-2012" (PDF). The Elections Centre. Retrieved 17 February 2018.