Heaven Knows (Donna Summer song)
|Single by Donna Summer|
|from the album Live and More|
|B-side||"Only One Man (Live)"|
|Released||December 9, 1978|
|Songwriter(s)||Donna Summer, Giorgio Moroder, Pete Bellotte|
|Producer(s)||Giorgio Moroder, Pete Bellotte|
|Donna Summer singles chronology|
"Heaven Knows" is a song by American singer and songwriter Donna Summer, with guest vocals from Brooklyn Dreams released at the height of her fame during the 1970s disco era. It is adapted from the Live and More album where it is a part of the MacArthur Park Suite. It became a number 4 hit for Summer in the US the week of March 17, 1979, and held there for 3 weeks. The song features singing by the group Brooklyn Dreams with lead vocals by Joe "Bean" Esposito.
On the single version released by Summer (credited as Donna Summer with Brooklyn Dreams), singer Joe "Bean" Esposito sings second lead to Summer, while Summer and the group provide backing vocals. However, on the version that appears on Brooklyn Dreams's 1979 album, Sleepless Nights, it is Esposito who sings the lead vocal with Summer singing second lead, with Summer and the group provide backing vocals. On the group's album, this version is credited as Brooklyn Dreams with Donna Summer.
A 12" single version, at 6:45, was released, the first verse sung by Summer solo, the remainder with Summer and Esposito.
- "Donna Summer - Chart history". Billboard. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- "Donna Summer".
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. 1978-04-07. Retrieved 2019-07-26.
- Whitburn, Joel (1993). Top Adult Contemporary: 1961–1993. Record Research. p. 234.
- "Top 100 Hits of 1978/Top 100 Songs of 1978". Musicoutfitters.com. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- "Top 100 Year End Charts: 1979". Cashbox Magazine. Retrieved 2016-04-12.
- "RPM - Library and Archives Canada | RPM - Bibliothèque et Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Archived from the original on 2016-08-01. Retrieved 2016-10-13.