Hedda Strand Gardsjord
With Røa in 2007
|Full name||Hedda Strand Gardsjord|
|Date of birth||28 June 1982|
|Place of birth||Oslo, Norway|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:38, 7 March 2015 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 12:38, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
In January 2009 Gardsjord debuted for the Norway women's national football team in a 5–1 defeat by rivals Sweden in Marbella. She was 26 years old and had never played for Norway's youth teams. Her national team chance came about when five club mates quit international football, following a furious bust-up with coach Bjarne Berntsen.
She was picked for Norway's UEFA Women's Euro 2009 squad and continued to be selected by Berntsen's replacement Eli Landsem. This included a place at the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup, where Gardsjord played twice as Norway crashed out in the first round. She took an indefinite break from the national team in early 2012, after struggling to balance the demands of travel and training with her other career as a landscape architect.
- "Mediaguide 2011 Norway" (PDF). Football Association of Norway. p. 19. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "Hedda Strand Gardsjord". UEFA. 10 September 2009. Archived from the original on 9 March 2015. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- Kolle, Andreas (January 2012). "Landslagspause også for Hedda" (in Norwegian). Røa IL. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- Hedda Strand Gardsjord – FIFA competition record
- Norway national team profile (in Norwegian)
- Profile at Røa IL (in Norwegian)
|This biographical article related to women's association football in Norway is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|