This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dr. Helmuth Ludwig (born September 19, 1962 in Koeln, West Germany) is Global Head of Information Technology at Siemens AG, to which he was appointed in October 2016. Ludwig has held a range of strategic leadership positions in his more than 20-year career at Siemens.
Ludwig joined Siemens in 1990 after graduating college. He has worked in corporate regional strategy development for the company in multiple countries including Germany, Kazakhstan, Argentina and United States.
When Siemens acquired PLM Software in 2007, Ludwig was appointed president and is credited for successfully leading the integration of the organization’s 50 legal entities and multiple facilities across 26 countries into Siemens. He worked with the management team to develop long-term strategic direction. Siemens PLM software was recently used in the design of the Mars Rover ''Curiosity''. Ludwig is a regular speaker on advanced manufacturing topics including additive manufacturing, industrial software, automation and information integration.
He has delivered commencement addresses at Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering of Arizona State University (ASU) and at Southern Polytechnic State University (SPSU), where Siemens has had a longstanding relationship.
Memberships and Associations
He currently teaches as an adjunct professor at Cox School of Business, Southern Methodist University, in Dallas covering International Corporate Strategy. He is a founding president of Rotary Club of Almaty, which is the first Rotary Club in Central Asia and cofounder and former president of Rotary International’s Spanish-German Executive Committee.
He is also a current board member of Siemens Industry, Inc. and Siemens Electrical Ltd., member on the Board of Trustees for Manufacturers Association for Productivity and Innovation (MAPI), a member of Dallas Committee on Foreign Relations (DCFR) and a former member of the Board of Trustees of Business School KIMEP University in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Ludwig graduated from University of Karlsruhe, Germany in 1988 with a master's degree in industrial engineering. Over the course of his time at University of Karlsruhe, he completed several internships at Siemens AG, Arthur Andersen & Co. and McKinsey & Company, Inc.
In 1990, he received a Master of Business Administration from the University of Chicago and later completed his doctorate on ”Strategic Benchmarking of Multinational Companies” from the Christian-Albrechts-University in Kiel, Germany in 1996.
Ludwig is fluent in German, English and Spanish.
- "Helmuth Ludwig appointed new Chief Information Officer at Siemens". Siemens.com. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- Siemens PLM Software
- Isaac Leung (2012-08-03). "Mars rover designed with Siemens PLM software". Electronicsnews.com.au. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- Hessman, Travis (2013-02-14). "The Dawn of the Smart Factory". Industryweek.com. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "Industry Voices: Dr. Helmuth Ludwig". Plantengineering.com. 2013-02-18. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "Siemens executive to deliver commencement address". Spsu.edu. 2013-04-25. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "Cox Faculty Directory". Cox.smu.edu. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "The History of The Rotary Club of Almaty". Rotary-club-almaty.org. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- 1996 Proceedings: Eighty-Seventh Annual Convention of Rotary International. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "Board of Trustees, MAPI". Mapi.net. Archived from the original on 2013-05-29. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "Membership Roster, DCFR". Dallascfr.org. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- Siemens Industry Sector Executive bio and photo
- Siemens Industry, Inc. official website North America
- 5 Quick Questions: Siemens’ Helmuth Ludwig, Manufacturing.net article
- Siemens Industry Executive Bullish on US Manufacturing Renaissance, Automation World article