Here (In Your Arms)
|"Here (In Your Arms)"|
|Single by Hellogoodbye|
|from the album Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs!|
|Released||October 31, 2006|
|Hellogoodbye singles chronology|
|on YouTube (posted by Drive-Thru Records)|
"Here (In Your Arms)" is the lead single from Hellogoodbye's debut album, Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs!, released in 2006. The song peaked at number fourteen on the Billboard Hot 100 and was certified platinum in the United States and remains the band's most successful song to date. Outside the United States, the song peaked within the top ten of the charts in the Republic of Ireland, Sweden and the United Kingdom and the top twenty of the charts in Canada.
South African singer Nicholis Louw recorded an Afrikaans version, "Hier Naby Jou" (Here Next to You).
Wizard rock band Ministry of Magic also recorded a filk of the song, titled "Here In Your Car", about Harry Potter and Ron Weasley's friendship as they are flying from London to Hogwarts in the Weasleys' enchanted blue Ford Anglia.
- "Here (In Your Arms)" - 4:01
- "All Time Lows" - 2:45
- "Here (In Your Arms)" (live) - 4:05
The video is set at Camp Holadios, a fictional summer camp. While the band members are all staying there, Forrest becomes interested in a girl who is also at camp. The campers play with pogs. At the end of the video, the sign states "Summer of '91". The video is also reminiscent of the film Wet Hot American Summer. One of the references to this movie is when Forrest puts on the headband and sunglasses similar to the change that "Coop" undergoes to win the affection of a girl with the same name, "Katie". Chewing gum is another major reference, where campers in the film are seen chewing gum before they kiss. The camp's name is "Hellogoodbye" in Spanish.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||11|
|European Hot 100||15|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||4|
|US Billboard Hot 100||14|
|US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)||19|
|US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)||28|
|US Billboard Hot 100||81|
- "The Irish Charts - All there is to know". www.irishcharts.ie (Required manual search). Archived from the original on 3 June 2009. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Hello Goodbye – Here (In Your Arms)". Singles Top 100.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- "Hellogoodbye Chart History (Pop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "Hellogoodbye Chart History (Adult Pop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "Year-End Charts: Hot 100 Songs - 2007". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved May 7, 2015.