|Directed by||Brian Smrz|
|Produced by||Danny Lerner
David E. Ornston
|Written by||Chad Law
|Starring||Cuba Gooding, Jr.
|Music by||Kenneth Burgomaster|
|Editing by||Tim Anderson|
|Studio||Nu Image Films|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Home Entertainment|
|Running time||94 min.|
Hero Wanted is a 2008 American thriller film directed by Brian Smrz in his directorial debut, and starring Cuba Gooding, Jr., Ray Liotta, and Norman Reedus. The film was released on direct-to-DVD in the United States on April 29, 2008.
Liam Case (Gooding, Jr.) is a garbage man whose life hasn't quite turned out the way he expected it would. In order to impress the girl of his dreams, Liam plans an elaborate heist that will culminate with him jumping in to save the day at the last minute. When the day of the heist arrives, however, the plan takes an unexpected turn and Liam winds up in the hospital. Upon learning that a mysterious killer has slain the criminal that left both himself and the bank teller for dead during the chaos of the robbery, Liam realizes that the associates of the murdered thief won't stop until they have avenged the death of their fallen partner in crime.
- Cuba Gooding, Jr. as Liam Case
- Ray Liotta as Detective Terry Subcott
- Kim Coates as Skinner McGraw
- Norman Reedus as Swain
- Jean Smart as Melanie McQueen
- Christa Campbell as Kayla McQueen
- Ben Cross as Cosmo Jackson
- Tommy Flanagan as Derek
- Gary Cairns II as Gill
- Steven Kozlowski as Lynch McGraw
- Sammi Hanratty as Marley Singer
- Paul Sampson as Gordy McGraw
- Todd Jensen as Detective Wallace MacTee
- Nathan Bautista as The Door Dude
- Lisa Dunne as Marley's Mother
- Amy Davis as Staci the Waitress
- Shero Rauf as Razor Room Dancer
DVD was released in Region 1 in the United States on April 29, 2008, and also Region 2 in the United Kingdom on 16 June 2008, it was distributed by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. It is included a downloadable Digital Copy (PC and PSP) version of the disc with studio-imposed restrictions (and was one of the first DVDs to offer this now commonplace feature).
- Woodward, Tom. "Hero Wanted (US - DVD R1)". DVDactive.com. Retrieved 2009-07-07.