This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hidden Orchestra performing in 2013
|Genres||Electronica, jazz, ambient|
|Labels||Tru Thoughts, Denovali|
Hidden Orchestra is the solo studio project of multi-instrumentalist, composer, and producer Joe Acheson, whose albums and live shows include guest musicians from diverse musical backgrounds. Formed in Edinburgh, Acheson and the band's regular live members Poppy Ackroyd (violin/piano) and drummers Tim Lane and Jamie Graham.
Hidden Orchestra's debut album Night Walks was released in September 2010 by Tru Thoughts. It mixed elements of jazz, classical music, drum and bass, rock and hip hop. Guest musicians, improvising, natural sounds, and contrasts combined with electronic effects.
The album Archipelago borrowed from Sufi music, modal jazz, progressive rock, and the sounds of birds and the wind. Popularity of the album resulted in two albums of remixes.
- Night Walks (2010)
- Archipelago (2012)
- Dawn Chorus (2017)
- Archipelago Remixes (2013)
- Reorchestrations (Denovali, 2015)
- Wingbeats (2016)
- Dawn Chorus Remix Collection
- "Hidden Orchestra". Southbank Centre. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- Jurek, Thom. "Hidden Orchestra". AllMusic. Retrieved 26 November 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-13. Retrieved 2011-07-13.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "BBC Radio 1 - BBC Introducing in Scotland with Vic Galloway, Citizens Live In Session". BBC. Retrieved 26 November 2018.
|This article on a Scottish band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|