This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Higinio Ortúzar Santamaria|
|Date of birth||January 10, 1915|
|Place of birth||Santiago, Chile|
|Date of death||November 8, 1982(aged 67)|
|Place of death||Getxo, Spain|
|Playing position||Defender / Midfielder|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
While at Athletic (one of few players born outside the Basque region to play for the club under their signing policy), he won a League and Cup double in 1943, and followed this up with further league titles playing for Valencia in 1944 and 1947. In his 30s he featured for Valladolid and Real Sociedad in successive seasons, helping each to gain promotion from the second tier.
After retiring as a player he became a football coach, and managed sides including CD Logroñés.
- "Higinio Ortúzar: el chileno de sangre vasca" [Higinio Ortúzar: the Chilean with Basque blood]. Club Perarnau - The Tactical Room (in Spanish). 13 November 2014. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- Ortúzar at Athletic Bilbao
- Higinio Ortúzar at BDFutbol
- Higinio Ortúzar manager profile at BDFutbol
- Profile at Ciberche (Valencia) (in Spanish)
- Higinio Ortúzar, un futbolista chileno de Areeta (in Spanish)
|This biographical article related to Chilean football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|