|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013)|
Logo of Hitler Didi
|Genre||Indian soap opera
|Written by||Sanjay Kumar
Ila Bedi Datta
Satyam K Tripathi
|Directed by||Mohit Jha &Vikram Ghai|
|Creative director(s)||Bunty P Sahani, Manish Mistry|
|Opening theme||Instrumental By Sunidhi Chauhan|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||01|
|No. of episodes||448|
Ila Bedi Dutta
|Running time||Approx. 21 minutes|
|Original channel||Zee TV|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||7 November 2011 – 2 August 2013.|
Hitler Didi (English: literally Hitler Sister but figuratively Auntie Hitler) is a daily Indian soap opera that aired on Zee TV. It premiered on 7 November 2011. The story is located in the backdrop of Delhi. It airs in Pakistan on Express Entertainment. It also airs in Persian on Gem Bollywood as same name Hitler Didi.
Hitler Didi follows Indira Sharma (Rati Pandey) and Chandni Chowk and how a young woman faces off the racism, discrimination and problems by society in a defensive manner. It also dramatises a love story bwtween Indra and Rishi/Ricky in a real simultaneos way. After hitting a ratings slump in August 2012, the show did a time leap. In June 2013, the story lines shifted again to follow the character Indira with her in-laws.
Hitler Didi follows the story of Indira Sharma (Rati Pandey) who is an independent woman earning for the welfare of her family. She is the only to be earning in the family despite having her father Inder Sharma (Rituraj Singh) who had an extra marital affair years ago with another woman Jhumpa(Shabnam Sayed) and married her living with her. Indira also has an older brother Munna (Sandeep Baswana) who doesn't earn despite having a son and wife Sunaina. Indira is the only strongest pole in her family. Despite this she faces taunts and discrimination within her own family which makes her seem to be a strict woman from outside known as Hitler Didi in Chandni Chowk. Everyone is scared of her. Then enters Rishi kumar (Sumit Vats), who comes in a search for a place to stay on rent. He gets to stay at Sharma Nivas and gets to know Indira. He helps her many times, and they both gradually fall in love and get married despite the denial of her mother.
Rishi gets kidnapped on the day he was supposed to marry Indira in court. Everyone taunts Indira that Rishi left her as she is strict and grumpy. Soon Indira comes to know that Rishi has been kidnapped. After many hard days, she finally gets to know about the kidnapper, which happens to be another of her brother Vidit (Kapil Soni) who pretended to be still paralysed from the US. He reveals that he hates Indira for she sent him abroad to work and earn for the family, where he had to lead on a wrong path. He then gets caught by the police. Inder Sharma tries to sell Sharma Nivad but Indira once again manages to save her house with Rishi. They kick Inder out the house.
Then enters, Indira's aunt Dulari Bua who comes to take her brother's Inder revenge and rule the house. She compels Indira to leave the house with Rishi. Luckily, they get to stay on the terrace room where her grandmother used to stay. Indira could see everything getting ruined in front of her eyes. Soon she manages to reveal the truth about Dulari bua and Inder to everyone.
Everything keeps on going well until Indira learns that she has got brain tumor and has only 30 days to live. She tries to change everyone's lives in 30 days. She daily buys lottery. She searches another bride for Rishi. Soon Rishi comes to know about her cancer. Indira wants Rishi to marry her college friend (Aasiya Kazi. Mandira gets married. On Rishi and Shweta 's marriage , Indira falls ill and goes into coma. She reveals through a cd to rishi that she is pregnant. Shweta knew this but kept quiet. This creates a rift between Shweta and Rishi. Indira dies, and her daughter takes birth through surrogacy of Shweta. They name Indira's daughter Indu (Shruti Bisht). They keep the identity of Indira secret to Indu.
The show takes a leap of 8 years and shifts to Zara Malik Khan (Rati Pandey) , a police officer in Mumbai who is a look alike of Indira. Indu meets Zara in mumbai after a series of event. Rishi soons meet with Zara and thinks she is Indira. Zara comes to stay in Sharma Nivas to detect a plan of terrorists. Rishi and Zara soon fall in love. Indu keeps on making research to know if Zara is her mother.
Indu bumps into her real mother , Indira who has become mad. Indu brings her home. Zara starts to get jealous of Indira and wants Rishi for herself. She starts plotting against Indira to kill her. She soon makes a plan to kill Indira and Indu as Indu is also trying hard to make Rishi becomes close to Indira. Zara is shocked to see both Indira and Indu safe and she becomes mad and is sent to the mental asylum. Indira is cured but doesn't remember anything and keeps on searching for someone 'Saheb'. A man comes with her daughter claiming that Indira is her wife (begum) and Indira also says the same thing. Rishi tries hard to make Indira gain her memory but in vain. Indira along with her Saheb and daughter sets to leave for her country. She gains her memory at the railway station through the help of Indu. Saheb leaves with her daughter. Rishi and Indira are united.
Once again, Chandni Chowk is happy to have their Hitler Didi back along with their Choti Hitler Indu.
- Rati Pandey as Indira Rishi Kumar/Ricky Diwan
- Sumit Vats as Rishi Kumar/Ricky Diwan
- Shruti Bisht as Indu Rishi Kumar/Ricky Diwan
- Rituraj Singh as Inder Sharma
- Sejal Shah as Kutumbh Sharma
- Aakash Pandey as Radhe
- Moorti Persaud as Jaya
- Sandeep Baswana as Munna Sharma
- Smita Singh as Sunaina Sharma
- Rahul Pendkalkar / Harsh Rajput as Ishaan Sharma
- Divya Naaz as Seher Sharma
- Former cast
- Rati Pandey as Zaara Malik Khan
- Aasiya Kazi as Dr Shweta Kapoor
- Girish Jain as Dr Jaswant Rai Singhania
- Silky Khanna as Abha Jaswant Singhania
- Hardik Somnathwala as Sahil Singhania
- Rahil Azam as Malik Khan
- Rohit Roy as Major Kabir Chaudhary / Saheb
- Dolly Sohi as Noor Kabir Chaudhary
- Vikram Sahu as Major Khan
- Abhinav Shukla as Inspector Sumer Singh Chaudhary
- Mrunal Jain as Sameer Diwan
- Neha Talwar as Sajni
- Ravi Jhankal as RajRani
- Jasveer Kaur as Savita Munna Sharma
- Kapil Soni as Vidhit Sharma
- Deepesh Bhan as Pappu Chaddha
- Gargi Sharma as Mandira Pappu Chadha
- Preeya Subba as Meher Khan
- Navneet Nishan as Simi Diwan Chandela
- Sheeba Chaddha as Dulari
- Shabnam Sayed as Jhumpa Lahiri Sharma
- Supporting cast
- "ADL Calls On India's Zee TV To Remove 'Hitler' From Title Of New Soap Opera". Anti-Defamation League. 22 November 2011. Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- "Decision by India’s Zee TV to Broadcast Soap Opera with Hitler Title to Arab World “Unfortunate and Disturbing,” ADL Says". Anti-Defamation League. 30 December 2014. Retrieved 3 January 2015.
- Neha Maheshwri (23 Aug 2012). "'Hitler Didi' to take a time leap! - Times Of India". Indiatimes. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- Vijaya Tiwari (3 June 2013). "Pankaj Vishnu, Jhanvi Sangwan & Garima Bhardwaj to enter Hitler Didi - Times Of India". Indiatimes. Retrieved 11 November 2013.