Holly Kenyon attending the 63rd Cannes Film Festival
|Born||Holly Jane Kenyon
21 November 1980
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England, United Kingdom
Holly Jane Kenyon (born 21 November 1980) is an English actress who won a scholarship to study at The American Musical and Dramatic Academy in central Hollywood. She appeared in The Kindness of Strangers (2010) and was invited to attend the film's screening at the 63rd Cannes Film Festival.
Holly Kenyon was born in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, the only daughter of Jane Alison Kenyon. Both her maternal grandmother and grandfather were from Scottish families. She attended Trent College in Derbyshire before moving to Wales when she was 18 years old. Kenyon studied at university in Wales However she soon returned to her performing roots and auditioned for the American Musical and Dramatic Academy. She was immediately offered a scholarship and moved to Los Angeles to take up her place at the renowned drama school.
Holly Kenyon began her career as a singer and was classically trained from the age of twelve. as well as playing the flute and 'cello. It had originally been her desire to pursue a career in musical theatre and she went on to work briefly in opera and pantomime and studied at the London College of Music. However, after studying acting at drama school in Hollywood, she decided to focus upon straight acting roles, once back in the UK. Shortly after returning from drama school, she won a place on an acting workshop that was held in Cardiff where she was spotted by a personnel management agent who offered to represent her. Soon after signing to her personal management agency, Kenyon was offered a supporting role in the British independent film The Kindness of Strangers. She played the role of a French bar waitress called Beatrice in the film. This film was screened at the 63rd Cannes Film Festival. The film starred David Prowse who played the role Darth Vader in the original Star Wars movies. In August 2010 it was announced that The Kindness of Strangers had earned six nominations at the International Filmmaker Festival of World Cinema including the nomination for Best Film of the Festival and a nomination for Best Director. The film eventually won four of the awards including Best Director for Hadfield. Prior to this film role, Kenyon also played a Russian girl in Perfidy, a role which required her to speak Russian. In 2011 Holly was cast as news reporter Celyn Bowen in the paranormal horror film Untitled which is due for cinematic release in 2012. Kenyon is currently shooting a sci-fi film in Birmingham. She plays the lead role of Scarlet Davis in the futuristic sci-fi action film.
|2010||The Kindness of Strangers||Beatrice|
|2011||No Man is an Island||Grace Summers|
|2011||Cuckoo||Corporal Molly Taylor|
|2012||Passing Of The Bridle||Victoria Brown|
|2012||The Eleventh Hour||Synthia|
|2016||Enter The Cage||Evelyn Hamilton|
|2016||Celestial Sisters||Scarlet Davis|
- "Famous festival's no drama". This is South Wales. 11 May 2010. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "Holly would love a big future in films | Nottingham Evening Post". Find Articles. 19 May 2010. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "Holly Kenyon, actor". http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk. Retrieved 22 October 2011. External link in
- "Actress Holly Kenyon attends Cannes premiere of The Kindness of Strangers". This is Nottingham. 19 May 2010. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- [dead link]
- "The Team Main". Thekindnessofstrangersmovie.com. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- Pryor, Fiona (18 May 2010). "BBC News – Debut director lives Cannes dream". BBC. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "THE INTERNATIONAL FILMMAKER FESTIVAL 2011". Filmmakerfestival.com. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "The Kindess of Strangers made by former Central TV News reporter". This is Nottingham. 22 October 2010. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "THE INTERNATIONAL FILMMAKER FESTIVAL 2010". Filmmakerfestival.com. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Holly-heads-Cannes-film-premiere/article-2172590-detail/article.html Lynette Pinchess 05-19-2010
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10123382 Bruce Sinclair 5 November 2010
- http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/nottingham-evening-post/mi_8158/is_20100519/holly-love-films/ai_n53653541/?tag=content;col1 Nottingham Evening Post 05-19-2010
- http://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/news/8179957.Holly_reels_them_in_with_Cannes_debut/ Lee Day 05-21-2010
- http://www.britfilms.com/britishfilms/catalogue/browse/?id=5B6B656A0ed2636B25KPi3649BB7[permanent dead link]
- http://www.health-workforce.com/htm/b20061107.639797.htm 11 July 2006
- http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Nottingham-film-maker-awards/article-2787456-detail/article.html/ Lynette Pinches 10-22-2010