Madison in December 2007
|Born||Holly Sue Cullen
December 23, 1979
Astoria, Oregon, U.S.
|Residence||Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Portland State University
Loyola Marymount University
|Occupation||Television personality, model|
|Known for||The Girls Next Door
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Spouse(s)||Pasquale Rotella (m. 2013)|
|Partner(s)||Hugh Hefner (2001–2008)|
Holly Sue Cullen (born December 23, 1979), known professionally as Holly Madison, is an American model, showgirl and television personality. She is widely known for being one of Hugh Hefner's girlfriends on the reality television series The Girls Next Door and for her own reality series, Holly's World.
Although not a Playboy Playmate, she has appeared in nude pictorials with her Girls Next Door costars, Bridget Marquardt and Kendra Wilkinson. In 2009, she appeared as a contestant on the eighth season of Dancing with the Stars.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Filmography
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Madison was born in Astoria, Oregon, to Steve and Patsy Cullen. She has a younger brother named Joseph and a younger sister named Stephanie. Her father's work in the maritime shipping industry led her family to travel. At age 2, she lived with her family in Craig, Alaska, on Prince of Wales Island. When she was in middle school, her family returned to St. Helens Oregon. She later attended Portland State University for two years, majoring in both theater and psychology. Aferward, Madison moved to Los Angeles and attended Loyola Marymount University.
To afford college tuition, she competed to become a Hawaiian Tropic model and worked at Hooters. Madison's appearance at these venues led to invitations to Hefner's Playboy Mansion. After more than a year of such visits, Madison was invited to move in. She became one of Hefner's seven official girlfriends in August 2001. In February 2002, after all but two of his girlfriends left, Madison became Hefner's "#1 Girl" and moved into his bedroom. She was named among the top Hooters girls of all time in 2008 as part of the restaurant's 25th anniversary.
Madison has spoken openly about her cosmetic surgeries, having had both a rhinoplasty and breast augmentation. After the latter procedure, her bust measurements went from an A-cup to a D. In 2011, Madison announced that she had insured her breasts for $1 million. She also once had a red Playboy Bunny logo tattooed on her lower back but later had it removed.
2003–2009: Playboy and The Girls Next Door
In 2003, Madison was the subject of a Playboy Cyber Girl of the Week pictorial on the magazine's website. She also appeared on the cover and inside of the November 2005 issue of Playboy, along with Marquardt and Wilkinson, as part of a special pictorial promoting The Girls Next Door. The women were featured again on the covers of the September 2006, March 2008, and February 2009 issues.
In the Season 3 episode "Girls Next Door," Madison stated that she wanted to have a career producing Playboy spreads. During seasons three and four, Madison was shown working at the Playboy studios as an intern and later a junior photo editor. She also helped design and put together The Girls Next Door 2008 calendar.
A self-described animal lover, Madison started writing articles about pets in 2006 for a friend's quarterly magazine, The Coolest Little Pet Magazine. In April 2007, Madison was featured nude in a PETA advertisement, with the tagline "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur."
In February 2009, she quit working for the company altogether due to the split from Hefner making her position "awkward."
After The Girls Next Door
Dancing with the Stars
Madison was chosen to replace Jewel on Dancing with the Stars, after Jewel and Nancy O'Dell were forced to withdraw due to injuries sustained during rehearsal. She partnered with Dmitry Chaplin. On March 26, 2009, Robin Leach reported that Madison, too, had been injured while practicing, that she had been seen by a doctor and had received a prescription to treat severe rib pain. Said Madison, "I am committed to the show and my partner Dmitry. I will rest when it’s possible. I fully hope and expect to dance on Monday." On the March 31, 2009 double elimination show, Holly and Dmitry were voted off.
World's largest bikini parade
In May 2009, Madison and Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman led a Guinness World Record-breaking "largest bikini parade ever." According to the Las Vegas Sun, "The politician and the former Playboy play thing joined forces to usher in the city's summer swimsuit season..." in an event timed to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign. The 281 parade participants broke the prior record of 250. The mark has subsequently been eclipsed by events in the Cayman Islands (331), Brisbane, Australia (357) and Panama City, Florida (450).
Madison starred in a topless burlesque show called Peepshow at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. She was brought in to replace Kelly Monaco after Monaco's three-month contract was up. Madison was likewise initially signed to a three-month contract. It was eventually extended to a full year. She left the show in 2012 due to her pregnancy. She was replaced as Bo Peep by Coco Austin.
Like former The Girls Next Door co-star Kendra Wilkinson, Madison starred in her own reality show, Holly's World, which revolved around her life at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. "It's all good-natured and not mean like other reality shows," Madison said of her show. "I'm really excited about the new series because I am also getting a legitimate co-producer credit for all the work I do behind the camera. It's not a vanity credit. I'm super excited to learn from the best and take on new responsibilities."  The show premiered with a "preview episode" on December 6, 2009, and ran for 2 seasons.
1923 Bourbon and Burlesque
Down the Rabbit Hole
In 2015 her memoir Down the Rabbit Hole: Curious Adventures and Cautionary Tales of a Former Playboy Bunny (ISBN 978-0-06-237210-9) was published. The book reveals exploits from living in the Playboy Mansion and discusses relationships with Hugh Hefner, Bridget Marquardt, Kendra Wilkinson, and Criss Angel, among others.
During her time with Hugh Hefner, Madison stated that she wanted to marry Hefner and have his children. During an interview at the Playmate of the Year luncheon in May 2008, Hefner stated, "I love Holly very much and I think we’re going to be together the rest of my life, but marriage isn’t part of my puzzle. It’s not a personal thing; I just haven’t had much luck with marriages."
On October 7, 2008, Madison announced that her relationship with Hefner had ended, but that she, Bridget Marquardt, and Kendra Wilkinson are "still filming stuff together." Hugh Hefner confirmed the breakup stating that, "If Holly says it's over, I guess it's over." Despite the breakup, all three girls committed to a sixth season of The Girls Next Door.
In 2009, Madison stated, "I'm never dating anybody again. I don't need a man. I'm really happy with myself and being with my friends... I'm focused on forwarding my career. I'm working on producing my own shows. Girls Next Door was a great place to start but it was somebody else's show. I'm just ready to move on."
In August 2012, Madison announced that she and Pasquale Rotella, whom she began dating in 2011, were expecting their first child together. Madison gave birth to their daughter, Rainbow Aurora Rotella, on March 5, 2013 in Las Vegas. Madison and Rotella were married at Disneyland on September 10, 2013.
|1998||The Last Broadcast||Miss Lady Bright Eyes|||
|2006||Scary Movie 4||Blonde # 1|
|2008||The House Bunny||Herself|
|2015||Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!||Lieutenant Harrison|
|2002||MTV Cribs||Herself||1 episode|
|2003||The Surreal Life||Herself||Episode: "The Wedding and Goodbye"|
|Doggy Fizzle Televizzle||Herself||Episode: 4|
|2004||The Sharon Osbourne Show||Herself||1 episode|
|The Bernie Mac Show||Bunny||Episode: "The Talk"|
|Viva La Bam||Herself||Episode: "Drive-Way Skate Park"|
|2005||Curb Your Enthusiasm||Herself||Season 5 Episode 6 - "The Smoking Jacket"|
|The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch||Herself||1 episode|
|2005–2006||The Tyra Banks Show||Herself||2 episodes|
|2005–2009||The Girls Next Door||Herself||(seasons 1-5. 80 episodes)|
|2006||E! True Hollywood Story||Herself||Episode: "Hugh Hefner: Girlfriends, Wives and Centerfolds"|
|Amazon Fishbowl||Herself||1 episode|
|The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson||Herself||Uncredited, 2 episodes|
|Robot Chicken||Herself (Voice)||Episode: "Drippy Pony"|
|The Ellen DeGeneres Show||Herself||1 episode|
|2007||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Herself||Episode: "Birthday Suit"|
|Last Call with Carson Daly||Herself||1 episode|
|Celebrity Family Feud||Herself||Episode: "Vincent Pastore vs. The Girls Next Door"|
|Living Lohan||Herself||Episode: "The Billionaire Babysitters"|
|Chelsea Lately||Herself||1 episode|
|2009||Dancing with the Stars||Contestant||(Season 8, eliminated 3rd round)|
|2009–2011||Holly's World||Herself||(Seasons 1-2. 19 Episodes)|
|2010||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Hot Blonde||Episodes: "Pool Shark"|
|2010||When I Was 17||Herself||1 episode|
|2013||“Holly Has a Baby”!||Herself||E! Special|
- Katsilometes, John. "Holly: Dancing with the new star of Peepshow, the woman who plans to be the ultimate Miss Las Vegas". Las Vegas Weekly. Archived from the original on June 21, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-18.
- "Biography". HollyMadison.com (official site). Archived from the original on April 26, 2012. Retrieved 2007-09-28.
- "Holly Madison: Biography". TVGuide. Retrieved 2012-08-29.
- "Interview: Holly Madison!!!". Spacecadetz.com. Archived from the original on May 1, 2009. Retrieved August 16, 2008.
- "The Top Hooters Girls of all time". Hooters Magazine (July-August 2008). p. 108.
- "Holly Madison: Plastic Surgery". iFitAndHealthy.com. 2007-04-12. Retrieved 2008-08-16.
- Gray, Mark. "Holly Madison Insures Her Breasts for $1 Million". people.com. people.com. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- "Holly Madison has Playboy bunny tattoo removed".
- www.furisdead.com (April 20, 2007). "Playboy Model Holly Madison Stars in 'I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur' Ad". Retrieved April 20, 2007.
- Gibson, Cristina (2009-02-05). "Holly Madison Quits "Awkward" Job at Playboy". E! Online. Retrieved 2009-02-05.
- Thomson, Katherine, Holly Madison & Melissa Rycroft Join 'Dancing,' The Woz Does Worst, Huffington Post, 10 March 2009. Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- "2 more celebrities kicked off ABC's `Dancing'". Associated Press. 2009-03-31. Retrieved 2009-04-01.[dead link]
- Leach, Robin, Holly Madison joins injured list on Dancing With the Stars, Las Vegas Weekly, 26 March 2009. Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- Elrick, Britteny, Dancing With The Stars: Holly Madison Talks About Elimination, Reality TV Magazine, 1 April 2009. Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- Arseniuk, Melissa Goodman, Holly Madison welcome summer, set bikini record, Las Vegas Sun, 14 May 2009. Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- Miller, Daniel, Bikini parade in Panama City Beach sets a world record, The Daily Mail, 3 October 2011.} Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- Yancey, Kitty Bean, Bikini parade in Panama City Beach sets a world record, USA Today, 3 March 2012. Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- Gray, Mark (2009-05-14). "Holly Madison to Replace Kelly Monaco in Sexy Vegas Show". People (People). Retrieved 2009-08-21.
- Arseniuk, Melissa (2009-09-08). "Holly Madison to continue in 'Peepshow'". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved 2009-12-07.
- Katsilometes, John, ‘Peepshow’ replaces Holly Madison by adding Coco to the mix, Las Vegas Sun, 24 September 2012. Retrieved 21 September 2013.
- "Holly Madison Gets Her Own Reality Show". UsMagazine.com.
- Chernikoff, Leah (2009-09-24). "Playboy bunny, Holly Madison, set to start filming her own Reality TV show "Planet Holly"". New York Daily News. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- Clarke, Norm (2009-11-22). "NORM: Reality TV sets in for Holly Madison". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 23 November 2009.
- "On the prowl! Holly Madison looks wild in a leopard print dress as she attends Global Gaming Expo in Las Vegas". Daily Mail (UK). October 2, 2014. Archived from the original on November 10, 2014.
- Lee, Esther. "Holly Madison's Memoir "Lifts the Veil" on Days Inside the Playboy Mansion". US Weekly. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
I'm excited to finally share my story and what I've learned from my personal experiences both inside and outside of the Playboy Mansion... I think my stories will surprise people and I’m looking forward to lifting the veil of mystique and clearing up the misconceptions so often associated with my life.
- www.foxnews.com (May 12, 2008). "Holly Heartbroken: Hef Reveals Why She’ll Never Be His Wife". Fox News. Retrieved May 12, 2008.
- "Holly to Hugh: Hef Off". TMZ.com. October 7, 2008. Retrieved October 7, 2008.
- Lang, Derrick J. (October 9, 2008). "Hugh Hefner opens up about Holly Madison breakup". USA Today. Associated Press. Archived from the original on November 3, 2012. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- Gray, Mark (2009-03-04). "Holly Madison Is Single, and Staying that Way". People.com. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- Gibson, Cristina. "Holly Madison: I met my boyfriend on twitter". Eonline. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Holly Madison Expecting First Child". People. 2012-08-29. Retrieved 2012-08-29.
- "Holly Madison reveals her newborn daughter's very colourful name". Daily Mail. March 8, 2013. Retrieved March 8, 2013.
- Blumm, K.C. (2013-09-11). "Holly Madison Marries Pasquale Rotella". People. Retrieved 2013-09-11.
- The Last Broadcast: Cast and Details, TV Guide website. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- "Chelsea Lately: Holly Madison". eonline.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Holly Madison.|