|Edited by||Peter Fisher|
|British Homoeopathic Journal|
Homeopathy is a peer-reviewed medical journal covering research, reviews, and debates on all aspects of homeopathy, a controversial form of alternative medicine. It is the official journal of the London-based Faculty of Homeopathy. The journal was established in 1911 as the British Homoeopathic Journal, resulting from a merger between the British Homoeopathic Review and the Journal of the British Homoeopathic Society. It obtained its current name in 2001 and the editor-in-chief is Peter Fisher. The journal was originally published by Nature Publishing Group, and then it has been published by Elsevier for sixteen years. Elsevier's decision to publish this journal has been called into question, given homeopathy's proven ineffectiveness and unscientific status. Elsevier's Vice President of Global Corporate Relations, Thomas Reller, has defended Elsevier's decision to publish the journal, saying that "We support debate around this topic".
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- Embase/Excerpta Medica
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- "British Homoeopathic Journal". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2014-01-30.
- "Homeopathy: the journal of the Faculty of Homeopathy". Library of Congress Catalog. Library of Congress. Retrieved 2014-01-30.
- Fisher, P (2001). "Our new title: Homeopathy". British Homoeopathic Journal. 90 (4): 177. doi:10.1054/homp.1999.0512.
- "Academic Journals formerly published by NPG". Nature Publishing Group. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- Oransky, Ivan; Marcus, Adam (17 June 2016). "Does a journal of homeopathy belong in science?". STAT.
- Vox, Ford (2017-02-24). "Why Is This Company Selling a Toxin For Children?". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- Fisher, Peter (2018). "A New Publisher and New Directions". Homeopathy. 107 (2): 079–080. doi:10.1055/s-0038-1646778. PMID 29681026.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Embase Coverage". Embase. Elsevier. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Source details: Homeopathy". Scopus preview. Elsevier. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Homeopathy". 2017 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Clarivate Analytics. 2018.