|Senator from Ontario|
November 10, 2016
|Nominated by||Justin Trudeau|
|Appointed by||David Johnston|
|Born||Howard I. Wetston
June 3, 1947
|Political party||Independent Senators Group|
Howard I. Wetston CM QC (born June 3, 1947), is a Canadian Senator and retired public servant and lawyer who was formerly the Chairperson of the Ontario Securities Commission from 2010 to 2015. Prior to the OSC, Wetson was the chair and CEO of the Ontario Energy Board and various other public organizations.
He graduated from Mount Allison University with a Bachelor of Science and later with a Bachelor of Law from Dalhousie Law School. Earlier in his career he was a Crown counsel in Nova Scotia and later worked as a lawyer in private practice in Ottawa and Montreal
Chair of the Ontario Securities Commission
- "OSC | About the OSC - The Commission - Members of the Commission". Osc.gov.on.ca. Retrieved 2012-01-26.
- "Trudeau taps former banker, cop and judge for Senate". Toronto Star, October 30, 2016.
- "Howard Wetston". Cape Breton University. Cape Breton University. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- Spears, John (2010-10-13). "Howard Wetston named chairman of Ontario Securities Commission". The Star. Toronto.
- "Howard Wetston named new OSC chair". The Globe and Mail. Toronto. 2010-11-02.
|This biography about a Canadian businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a person who has held a non-elected position in the Government of Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|