Huron Valley School District
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Huron Valley Schools is a school district located in Oakland County, Michigan which serves the communities of Commerce Township, Highland Township, Milford, and White Lake. The headquarters are in Highland Township.
The district is made up of fifteen schools, including three high schools, three middle schools, and nine elementary schools.
The Huron Valley School District is known throughout Michigan for several things. It has a track and field team that has been the best in the state two years in a row. The district also has been ranked highly in the state for its academics. Lakeland High School has been named to Newsweek Magazine's Best High Schools in the United States in both 2009 and 2010. The district's HOT Robotics FIRST team has also been very successful in competition, as well as its high school DECA chapters. Its Future Problem Solving Program is also very successful. In 05-06 season they won 5 out of the 10 state trophies for the divisions they competed in with one team going on to the Internationals in Colorado. The Kurtz Elementary Destination ImagiNation team has participated in the global competition in Knoxville Tennessee in 2009 and 2010. It is also known for its International Baccalaureate program through the International Academy West.
- Milford High School located in Highland Township
- Lakeland High School located in White Lake
- Harbor High School in Highland; alternative high school
- Muir Middle School, in Milford
- Oak Valley Middle School, in Commerce Township
- White Lake Middle School, in White Lake
- Brooks Elementary, in White Lake
- Country Oaks Elementary, in Commerce Township
- Heritage Elementary, in Highland
- Highland Elementary, in Highland
- Johnson Elementary, in Milford
- Kurtz Elementary, in Milford
- Lakewood Elementary, in White Lake
- Oxbow Community School, in White Lake Township
- Spring Mills Elementary, in Highland
- Apollo Elementary - re-purposed
- Baker Elementary - demolished in 2013
- Highland Middle School - demolished in 2013
- Duck Lake Center, in Highland - serves continuing education as well as Harbor High School
- "Contact Us." (Archive) Huron Valley School District. Retrieved on September 5, 2013. "2390 South Milford Road Highland, MI 48357"
- "Zoning Map." (Archive) Highland Township. Retrieved on September 5, 2013.
- "Declining enrollment leads to razing of 2 Huron Valley schools" (Archive). The Oakland Press. April 25, 2013. Retrieved on June 20, 2015.