Hussain Rasheed Ahmed
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Hussain Rasheed Ahmed|
فضيلة الشيخ الأستاذ حسين رشيد أحمد
|Born||Hussain Rasheed Ahmed
18 March 1957
Mal-haaruge, Hithadhoo, Addu Atoll, Maldives
|Education||Jamia Tha'leemath Islamiyya Pakistan ; Jamia Ummul Qura (Holy Mecca) ; King Saud University (Riyad) - Saudi Arabia|
Hussain Rasheed Ahmed (Arabic: حسين رشيد أحمد; born March 18, 1957) is a Maldivian Sunni Islamic scholar (Shaafi'ee school of belief) and political leader in Republic of the Maldives. He is also the first elected President of Adhaalath Party (Adhaalath Party), a political party in the Republic of Maldives known for its Sunni Islamic positions. He is very fluent in Arabic, Urdu (other than "Dhivehi" Maldivian official language). Sheikh Hussain Rasheed is well known for his controversial public talks on political issues (especially regarding the former president of Maldives, Maumoon Abdul Qayyoom) and his Islamic lectures and sermons (Khutbahs). He's famous as "an Islamic religious politician in the Maldives, the only one who can make tough decisions wisely, find sustainable solutions for different types of controversial issues." by some of his supporters. From President Mohamed Nasheed's government, first he was appointed as the co-chair of "Riyaasee Commission", then he was appointed as Minister of State for Home Affairs (In President Nasheed's government-24 Nov 2009 to 23 Dec 2010), 23 December 2010 he was appointed as Minister of State for Islamic Affairs (in President Nasheed's government-23 Dec 2010 to 7 Feb 2012,as President Nasheed's government was brought down by a coup).
FAMILY: Father: Sheikh Hussain Rasheed's father is a famous, well-recognized and respected personality in the South of Maldives; Ahmed Manikfaan (Seenu Hithadhoo Thubbeege Ali Thakkhaanuge Ahmed Manikfaan). Mother: Aishath Manikfaan (Ali Manikuge Aisha Manikfaan was a niece of Sheikh Hussain Sharafuddin Al-Azhary (Sheikh Hussain Rahaa). Brothers: Ibrahim Rasheed Ahmed (eldest brother to Sheikh Husaain Rasheed), Mohamed Rasheed Ahmed (elder brother to Sheikh Hussain Rasheed) and Sheikh Abdul Rasheed Ahmed (younger brother of Sheikh Hussain Rasheed)
- Quran, Islamic Studies, Arabic and Dhivehi Language - Makthabul U'loom / Addu Hithadhoo (from his Father Ahmed Manikfaan)
- 1970 - Madrasathul Husainiyya / Addu Hithadhoo
- 1971-1972 - Nooraani School / Addu Hithadhoo
- By-hearting the Holy Quran:
> 1972 - Jamia Dharul Uloom, Daabeel / Gujrat / India > 1973 - Jamia Dharul Uloom, Taraj / India
- Secondary / Higher Secondary - Jamia Darul Uloom Matliwala / Bharuch / India
- BA in Islamic Studies - Jamia Tha'leemaath Islamiyya / Pakistan
- Gen.Diploma in Arabic Teaching - Jamia Ummul Qura / Mecca / Saudi Arabia
- Diploma in Arabic & Islamic Teaching - King Saud University / Riyad / Saudi Arabia
- Minister of State for Islamic Affairs (in President Nasheed's government-23 Dec 2010 to 7 Feb 2012,as President Nasheed's government was brought down by a coup)
- Minister of State for Home Affairs (In President Nasheed's government-24 Nov 2009 to 23 Dec 2010, as President Nasheed changed him to Minister of State for Islamic Affairs)
- Co-Chair of "Riyaasee Commission" in Presindent Nasheed's government
- Member of Fiqh Academy Maldives
- Former President of Adhaalath Party (2006 to 2011)
- He is a well-known teacher of so many Maldivians (subjects taught: Arabic, Qur'an, Islamic Studies).
- He has given so many public (Islamic) Lectures and "Dhars" (Lessons of Islamic knowledge).
- Published so many books of Islamic knowledge, Dhivehi Bas (Maldivian Language) and others. The latest publication he has started is Translating "Saheeh Muslim" in to "Dhivehi" (Maldivian Language) with explanations, in reference on Imaam Nawawi's publication. Till now 3 parts of this book has come to the market, out of the 12 parts expected of it.