|Yong Ying-I (Ms) (Chairperson)
Vincent Wong (CEO)
|Parent||Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore|
IDA International is a wholly owned privatised subsidiary of the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore. Singapore is recognised worldwide as a leader in the use of infocomm to deliver better services to the public and businesses. IDA International serves as the execution arm for collaborations on public service infocomm between Singapore and countries around the world.
Singapore has been consistently highly placed in global and regional rankings for infocomm developments and usage of infocomm. In 2009 and 2010, Singapore topped the Waseda University World e-Government Ranking. Singapore topped The World Bank's Ease of Doing Business Index for the fifth year in a row, making among countries that took the most steps to make it easier for local companies to operate. Through Singapore's eCitizen portal (http://www.ecitizen.gov.sg), Singaporeans are able to access about 1,600 eServices pertaining to business, health, recreation, employment and family. In 2011, Singapore continued to leverage technological advancements to enhance the delivery of public services; mobile government services and 5,000 data services were made available to users to meet the growing needs of the mobile citizens.
In response to increasing requests from foreign governments to implement public service infocomm solutions, IDA International was formed in 2008 to serve as the primary execution arm for public service infocomm partnerships with overseas public sector agencies. In doing so, it aims to create business opportunities for Singapore infocomm companies to export their expertise, products and solutions.
As the execution arm for collaborations on public service infocomm between Singapore as countries around the world, IDA International aims to provide a focussed and holistic approach to collaborate with governments overseas in the area of public service infocomm.
To achieve its mission, IDA International spearheads the export of public sector infocomm expertise in areas such as National Infocomm Planning, Industry Development, Manpower Development, Economic Sector / Cluster Development and the design and development of the Government Chief Information Officer (GCIO) organisation.
By bringing Singapore's unique experience and know-how in areas such as masterplanning, eGovernment implementation, infocomm industry development, infocomm manpower development and exploiting infocomm for economic development, IDA International assists foreign governments around with world to achieve their infocomm vision, goals and objectives.
To enable foreign governments to achieve their infocomm goals, IDA International may also conceptualise, plan and execute programmes and/or projects with foreign government counterparts. In doing so, there can be opportunities where IDA International partners Singapore infocomm companies which have strong track record of implementing eGovernment solutions.
- The company signed several Memorandum of understanding (MOU) such as the MOU on Information and Communications Technology between the World Bank, IDA International and International Enterprise Singapore, MOU with the Republic of Tatarstan
- Timor-Leste's Civil Service Commissioned welcomed a joint UNDP-Government of Singapore delegation of public administration and information systems experts from IDA International to undertake a high-level assessment of the Civil Service Commission's current IT position.
- Projects were launched and completed with several countries, such as with:
- The Bahamas
- Oman's eGovernment Architecture Framework (OeGAF), which subsequently received recognition from The Open Group Enterprise Architecture Awards.
- Through the Temasak Foundation, IDA International have worked with the Kingdom of Bhutan to transfer knowledge on eGovernment and to develop Bhutan's ICT expertise since 2012
- IDA International and Zhuhai signed a strategic framework agreement in November 2012 for consultancy services for Zhuhai's Smart City Plan 2015
- Oman's Ministry of Manpower signed an agreement with IDA International on improving Oman's Visa application for manpower in April 2014 
- Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore
- "Ease of Doing Business Ranking by The World Bank".
- Rastello, Sandrine; Adam, Shamim (4 Nov 2010). "Singapore Tops World Bank Survey on Ease of Doing Business for Fifth Year". Bloomberg.
- Patricia J. Pascual. e-Government. UNDP-APDIP.
- "eGov2015: Connecting People. Enriching Lives".
- iN.SG: Fostering the creation of innovative services and knowledge capital
- Joint Media Release by World Bank and Singapore
- iN.SG: Inroads into Russia
- Singapore Company Inks Landmark Infocomm
- "SINGAPOREAN MISSION CONTRIBUTES TO ONGOING STRENGTHENING OF THE NATIONAL CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION". Retrieved 29 August 2011.
- Bahamas e-Government
- Bahamas government launches new portal website
- Oman's eGovernment architecture framework
- OeGAF wins 1st Prize
- "Singapore and Bhutan Ink First Infocomm Technology MOU". Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "e-Government to benefit". Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Singapore and Oman agree to deliver innovative e-Government services for labour market". Retrieved 7 June 2014.