|Operating system||Microsoft Windows
Mac OS X
iMeet is a cloud-based video conferencing platform built in HTML 5 and Adobe Flash. iMeet allows up to 125 participants to communicate using traditional landline audio or VoIP audio and to video conference through webcams. iMeet was launched in general release in January 2011.
iMeet is browser-based, supporting Internet Explorer 7.0 and newer, Mozilla Firefox 4 and newer, Google Chrome 11 and newer, and Safari 5 and newer. Native iMeet apps are available for the iPhone, the iPad and for Android smartphones. Many Android tablets can access iMeet through their web browser interface.
Additional features include:
- Persistent meeting room URL
- Up to 125 participants
- Traditional or VoIP audio
- HD quality webcam video through H.264 encoding
- File storage
- File sharing
- Screen sharing
- Pass control on screen share and file sharing
- Support of HD audio using G.722
- Meeting minutes
- Cloud Controls, an admin console that lets businesses provision and manage large numbers of accounts
- Public and private chat
- Note taking integrated with Evernote
- Customizable meeting room backgrounds
- Freely changeable profile pictures
- Integration with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Flickr
In March 2012, PGi announced a strategic alliance with Deutsche Telekom, positioning Deutsche Telekom as the exclusive reseller of iMeet in Germany. In July 2012, Deutsche Telekom launched its Business Marketplace with iMeet as a featured product.
In April 2012 PGi announced a strategic alliance with Irish telecommunications provider eircom to offer its video, web, and audio conferencing solutions, including iMeet and GlobalMeet, to its business customers in Ireland.
In April 2013 PGi announced a strategic allicance with TeliaSonera in the Nordic and Baltic countries. In June 2014 Telia in Sweden launched iMeet
Awards and Recognition
- April 2012 - Awarded silver in the Best New Product category of the Edison Awards.
- February 2012 – PGi awarded Frost & Sullivan’s 2011 Product Line Strategy Award, which includes iMeet.
- November 2011 - Named the gold winner in the Best New Product category of the Best in Biz Awards.
- June 2011 – Awarded a People’s Choice Stevie Award in the Favorite New Computer Service category.
- June 2011 – Named “Best Low-Cost Videoconferencing” by Inc. Magazine.
- "iMeet® Tells People Everywhere: Your Room is Waiting.". PGi. Retrieved 12 August 2012.
- "iMeet Offers Easy, Elegant Collaboration". GigaOM. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- "iMeet® 2.0 Reinvents Online Meetings – from Your Desk or On-the-Go". PGi. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- "Trunk Spotlight: iMeet and Evernote for More Dynamic Meetings". Evernote. Retrieved 12 August 2012.
- "PGi Partners with Deutsche Telekom: iMeet® Users Say "Auf Wiedersehen" to Lifeless Meetings". Reuters. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- "Telekom brings cloud quality to SMEs with the start of its Business Marketplace". Deutsche Telekom. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- "iMeet on the Business Marketplace". Deutsche Telekom. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "eircom Forms Virtual Meeting Alliance with PGI". Unified Communications Software. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- "2012 Edison Award Winners". Edison Awards. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Frost & Sullivan Lauds PGi's Approach of Broadening its Portfolio with Lighter Desktop-based Solutions that Deliver Audio/Video Conferencing and Web Collaboration". Frost & Sullivan. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "2011 Best in Biz Award Winners". Best in Biz Awards. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "2011 American Business Award Winner". Stevie Awards. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Best Low-Cost Videoconferencing: iMeet". Inc. Magazine. Retrieved 9 August 2012.