I Do (TV series)
|Genre||Reality competition, Romance|
|Directed by||Nico Hernandez|
|Presented by||Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo |
|Opening theme||"Baby, I Do" by Juris|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||24|
|Executive producer(s)||Alexis Jeffrey Asuncion, Charmaine Estrera|
|Production location(s)||Cavite, Philippines|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||August 30 –|
November 15, 2014
I Do is a Philippine romantic reality show that previously aired on ABS-CBN. It is hosted by Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo and Jayson Gainza. The show premiered on August 30, 2014, replacing Pinoy Big Brother: All In. It aired 9:30 pm (PST) every Saturdays; and 8:45 p.m. (PST) every Sundays. From October 25, 2014 and onwards, the show only aired every Saturdays. Its Sunday timeslot was given to the second season of The Voice of the Philippines.
It aired its last two episodes on November 8 to 15, 2014, showing the final ceremony and the coverage of the grand wedding of the winning couple of the show. In 2015, it was named as Best Reality Show by the 29th PMPC Star Awards For Television held in Manila, Philippines.
The show first made known on January 2013. Later on, the production team conducted auditions in Davao City, Cebu City, and Manila. Contestants must be couples who were 18 years old and above, and non-cohabiting or not in a live-in relationship.
Nine couples were secluded in a special village constructed in Cavite. They will undergo love session and counseling conducted by experts and they have to face different challenges that will test their relationships. During the show, aside from Santos-Agoncillo, several experts will guide them for the married life: Life coach Pia Acevedo, and Psychologist and Marriage Counselor Dr. Julian Montano.
The following are the nine couples that participated in the show
|Yong Jin Kim
30, Seoul, South Korea; Merchandise Department head
28, Quezon City; Marketing Manager
56.80% of votes
25, Rizal; On-call waiter
25, Rizal; Baker
43.20% of votes
44, Mandaluyong; Businessman
25, Pasig City; Radio DJ, host, model
22, England, United Kingdom; Model
24, Guam, United States; Model, real-estate agent
28, Baguio City; Businessman, grappling trainer
27, Baguio City; Businesswoman
28, Negros Oriental; Athlete
27, Cebu City; Project developer
24, Davao City; Real-estate agent
24, Davao City; Make-up artist
30, Quezon City; Photographer, model
28, Quezon City; Singer, songwriter
20, Pasig City
21, Pasig City
- Reyma Buan-Deveza (January 20, 2014). "Juday to host ABS-CBN reality show 'I Do'". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- Reyma Buan-Deveza (January 22, 2014). "Jason Gainza nervous about hosting debut". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- Kane Choa. "ABS-CBN looking for couples who want to exchange I do's". Lopez Link. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "Sneak peek: Real-life couples in 'I Do'". ABS-CBN News. August 1, 2014. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "A closer look at 'I Do' reality village". ABS-CBN News. January 20, 2014. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "Judy Ann Santos returns to hosting for I Do, ABS-CBN's reality show for couples". Philippine Entertainment Portal. August 4, 2014. Retrieved August 7, 2014.